Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My M3 LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Some of you may recall my day 1 saga - app wouldn't work, paint defect on wing mirror, wrong number plates...

Well the car had to go in for service because of the paint defect - resolved very quickly. I also noticed a panel alignment issue and a squeaky door handles both also resolved.

However, I've since noticed some more panel alignment issues (obviously my eyes deceived me on the day, but they are not as significant as others have talked about) and some other aspects that require work. Back in for service next week.

I was looking at my frunk last night and had clearly not bothered to check the paint finish upon collection. See links. Has anyone else's frunk paint job been this poor? I presume they will respray but disappointed in myself that I didn't spot it at the time. The two rubber bungs were also only partially threaded and loose. I've tightened them as assume they should be screwed in. I've also found a couple of very small paint blemishes which have been added to the service booking.

Does make me think I should have taken further time to scrutinise the car, but even if I did, would any of you rejected for this? Seems to me these issues can all be resolved, just a little bit of an inconvenience.

Two other things that have also caught my eye and welcome your views! The passive entry using my phone seems to be intermittent. Almost always works if I'm holding my phone but if it's in my front jeans pocket it probably works only 50% of the time. The only other observation is that after driving the car and it has been in park for over 20 minutes (this morning a good example), I will hear the air con or fan under the frunk start up and run for a few minutes. Is this normal?

Thank you for reading.

The fan starting up from time to time seems normal, at least mine does it sometimes.

The phone not reliably connecting when in a pocket has also been reported by others, so again seems normal (as an aside, the fob seems to connect no matter which pocket or bag it's in - no idea why).

The paint defects look like dirt contamination to me, something that has been suggested as being not that uncommon, and Sandy Munroe has suggested this may be due to the Fremont factory being old and perhaps not as clean as it needs to be for modern paint systems.

Reactions: spursman