Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3 broke

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a quick update, believe it or not, it's now 11th August, and my car still isn't back! That's 139 days and counting...!

At least Lex have finally responded. Got some money as compensation, but nowhere near enough in my opinion...

The wait continues....
So its now been broken longer than it has been working, under consumer law I would be looking at cancelling the lease/returning the car, Tesla and lease companies rely on people not doing anything.

..he's renting access to a tesla loaner while the primary is u/s. But you'd think that with all the time that's gone by they would at least have loaned him the Model 3 he wants. Best plan is to make some road-trips on free Tesla juice and tyres for fun and revenge.
Its all fun and games with the loaner, until you have an accident. Have you seen the terms?

In addition… no one pays a lease to drive a loaner… we want to drive the lease car we ordered. I can’t get these arguments that a loaner is the same thing. It’s a temporary solution to a lack of transport, that’s it.

• Disagree
Reactions: Liquidv
Completely unacceptable behaviour on their part…

I’d be fuming. You do not own the car - it’s their property… you’re renting it, so if you can’t use the car what are you renting?
I am / was fuming! Lex have said I can terminate my lease, but to get another the same spec it would cost over £100/month more than what I'm currently paying and I've been told a new 3 or Y wouldn't be delivered until Jan at the earliest. That's too long, so am just going to wait....

..he's renting access to a tesla loaner while the primary is u/s. But you'd think that with all the time that's gone by they would at least have loaned him the Model 3 he wants. Best plan is to make some road-trips on free Tesla juice and tyres for fun and revenge.
I recently moved into a rental property whilst my house is being renovated, and having the X has been a godsend! Still rather have my 3, but having the X has saved me having to hire a van for a week!

Reactions: X-Cile
So I have just had a text from Park Royal to say my car is finally fixed and ready to be collected tomorrow!!!

Assuming I pick it up tomorrow, and all's well that will be 5 months to the day to fix the issue, or 154 days / 22 weeks! 😱

It'll be like having a new car again! 🤞
The wait is finally over for you, what a relief! congrats.

5 months is shocking and I really hope this is not a trending new norm where it takes a crazy long time for a car to be fixed. No way ever would I accept my car being taken into Park Royal ever again.

Well, Evie is back! Felt so strange/different driving a 3 after 5 months of having an X!

Definitely like having a new car again, car needs a good clean. Not surprisingly Park Royal didn't bother giving the car a clean before handing it back, so 5 months worth of dirt and spider webs need to be washed away, not to mention marks on the rear seats. The handover process was a complete shambles, I really can't emphasise enough how poor the service at Park Royal was / is, and if I ever (fingers crossed I won't) need to visit a SC again, I'll do anything I can to avoid using Park Royal again.