Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My MS can read out my emails now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got in the car this morning and my personal phone connected to the car like it always does. All of a sudden I get a prompt from the car that I received a text message, no big deal except it wasn't a text. It was an incoming email from one of my email addresses! The prompt was from an email address I still use for junk email on verizon.net. That was the only email that the car was reading as a text. It didn't read any of my Gmail emails that came in. Is this a new update I hadn't noticed? Or does this have to do with the phone connected to the car?

I've had this email for years and I've been receiving these emails on the phone connected to my MS for years. Just weird that all of a sudden it's coming through that way and that the car can read them.

I have to now make sure to look at the notification from the car to see where its from, before I have the car read it aloud. It's was annoying to have the car read a long annoying spam email.