Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My MY experience!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered Mar 10. Got phone call on May 18 with VIN updated. Vehicle at service center on May 27. Delivery appt on May 29. Trade in - Car max quote not honored due to contactless quote (had a clause that subject to inspection etc). Car max quote expiring 2 days before delivery. Planned to sell car to carmax but wifey wanted to wait till MY was here so waited. The carmax advisor recommended another appraisal the next day so you can lock in rate for another week which I did. Unfortunately MY did not ship on time for appointment so was cancelled with no set time for delivery. Luckily I didn’t sell my current car or send payment to Tesla.

Fortunately got another call 5 days later that car was in SC. Was able to pick it up same day. almost flawless paint (one small scuff not even One-fourth of a penny size) at the panel edge close to wipers so hidden. Driver seat panel in back had scuff marks for which panel has been ordered. Rear seat alignments slightly off but otherwise no major issues. Love my LR AWD/19/no FSD/ blue. 1.99%/60 mon. VIN 57XX First time owner. And got it on time to sell my old car at carmax too :)

wanted to share my experience as seen more horror stories than good experiences. Mine was not a bad experience but not perfect either.

What I learned: wait till you get delivery of your MY before payment sent or selling your old car. Communication is spotty till car gets to the local Tesla. My Tesla advisor was awesome (responded to texts quickly) but he was clueless too at various points in the process. My case was lucky as there was only a 5 day delay. Things could have been worse if it was longer and if I had sold my car.

Last thing- listen to your spouse especially if he/she is smart like mine.

Ordered Mar 10. Got phone call on May 18 with VIN updated. Vehicle at service center on May 27. Delivery appt on May 29. Trade in - Car max quote not honored due to contactless quote (had a clause that subject to inspection etc). Car max quote expiring 2 days before delivery. Planned to sell car to carmax but wifey wanted to wait till MY was here so waited. The carmax advisor recommended another appraisal the next day so you can lock in rate for another week which I did. Unfortunately MY did not ship on time for appointment so was cancelled with no set time for delivery. Luckily I didn’t sell my current car or send payment to Tesla.

Fortunately got another call 5 days later that car was in SC. Was able to pick it up same day. almost flawless paint (one small scuff not even One-fourth of a penny size) at the panel edge close to wipers so hidden. Driver seat panel in back had scuff marks for which panel has been ordered. Rear seat alignments slightly off but otherwise no major issues. Love my LR AWD/19/no FSD/ blue. 1.99%/60 mon. VIN 57XX First time owner. And got it on time to sell my old car at carmax too :)

wanted to share my experience as seen more horror stories than good experiences. Mine was not a bad experience but not perfect either.

What I learned: wait till you get delivery of your MY before payment sent or selling your old car. Communication is spotty till car gets to the local Tesla. My Tesla advisor was awesome (responded to texts quickly) but he was clueless too at various points in the process. My case was lucky as there was only a 5 day delay. Things could have been worse if it was longer and if I had sold my car.

First of all....congrats on your new ride! Did you get that finance rate through Tesla?

Is this your first Tesla?

What is your take on the driving experience?

Thanks

Is this your first Tesla?

What is your take on the driving experience?

Thanks

First Tesla. Great car. Find the ride not too rough. But have 19 inch wheels so heard it is smoother than 21. Quiet for most part but there is a rattle especially when the roads are bumpy. Wish it had some more features like heads up display and blind spot camera. AC little weak in my opinion and takes longer to cool. Maybe becoz of not having AC vents like traditional cars which blow at your face sometimes. Love the regen braking. And have only used the brake once while driving in 150 miles.

• Informative
Reactions: StealthP3D