Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 MY "Price Adjustment" Math

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone explain how Tesla is assigning the current pricing adjustments on new 2024 MYs in Q2?

I did chat with a SA yesterday and didn't get a clear answer on how one white MY LR with black int 19" rims gets $4800 and another identical (comparing details) MY LR gets $5,200 and yet another MY LR gets $5100 but has the tow option.

Thoughts?

Alright. Data/intel gleened via tesla.com chat and callback was Orland Park vehicle arrived this week (yesterday) and Schaumburg vehicle is arriving April 9-15. Doesn't sync with time on lot, though that sounds logical.

It's just weird how one sample red with black, 19" and no tow at the Orland Park SC is adjusted $5200 and Schaumburg SC is for same configuration is $4160. Both SCs in different suburbs of Chicagoland. $14 difference in tax detected for Orland Park.

I really don't want someone else's reject or worse one that had to visit the body shop.

Lastly, a third-party article from yesterday's newsfeed mentioning adjustments on the MY LR of up to $8100. I have not seen this repeated yet or reflected on tesla.com. Best adjustment I have found is $5200.

Ref: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesla...00-makes-Model-3-look-expensive.824189.0.html

There’s really no definite explanation or concrete formula for the inventory discounts and yes the exact configuration can vary in price between even nearby locations.

Presumably there some algorithm at the mothership that determines the pricing but obviously the exact criteria is not public so all we can do is guess.

Reactions: SagarPatel
I spoke with an advisor in Vegas. She said that if the car is say 49940 it’s on the lot already. If it’s 50540 it’s in transit. Some cars can be lower if there are multiple in storage already.

Remember the reason the discount inventory is happening right now is bc they made 46k+ too many cars in Q1.

The question is… do we think there will
Be a further discount. I think there will
Be in the next week or two therefore I’m waiting it out. A week/2 for a potential nother 1k off…. That’s worth the wait imo. Cars aren’t going anywhere. Discounts will be there again come end of Quarter

Complete speculation regarding a larger discount on "remaining" inventory. But Tesla news continues to be negative regarding vehicles delivered this quarter and even more so for Q3. Alot of factors.

As we get closer to quarter end my "guess" of sweetening incentives wouldn't be more discount but additionals like X mo FSD or X miles of supercharging. One of the Youtubers was reporting Tesla cut interest to 0% for financing in China to spur sales. 0% financing in the US would get my attention.

Happy to be wrong up until the day I purchase.

Tesla does not handle financing in house in the US. Not sure how it’s done in China. But in order to offer 0% to the customer Tesla would have to pay the partner banks the interest on the loan. It’s not like Ford or something that offers 0% and it’s just their own lending arm.

Reactions: storjohann
Has nothing to do with “time on lot”, that’s nonsense. Has nothing to do with getting someone’s reject.

Tesla wants a handful of cars in every config in every region with the “max” discount (whatever they have determined “max” to be for the moment). That’s it.

When someone snaps up the max discount car, another one is discounted to replace it.

Pretty typical pricing gamesmanship. FOMO / artificial scarcity. If they just did an across the board max discount on every inventory car there’s no sense of urgency to buy, and they sure as hell don’t want that.

Tesla does not handle financing in house in the US. Not sure how it’s done in China. But in order to offer 0% to the customer Tesla would have to pay the partner banks the interest on the loan. It’s not like Ford or something that offers 0% and it’s just their own lending arm.
Tesla has done it before (not 0%, but buying down rates at partner banks below market as an incentive). My first Model S was financed at 1.9% and that was a good deal lower than market rates at the time. They could easily do it again if they wanted.

Reactions: 1101011 and E90alex
Hi all,

I"m actually waiting for a Model 3 that I ordered, but apparently the white interiors are now looking like July (or later) deliveries. So I looked at the "inventory" for Model Y's. I'm looking at AWD long-range, blue exterior, white interior, 19" wheels, five seats. On the "inventory" page, there are at least 4 different prices for this exact same configuration: $46,790, $48,870, $49,390, and $49,910. These do not have tow hitches; these do not have 7 seats. Does anyone know why the same car would have at least 4 different prices? Thank you.

Hi all,

I"m actually waiting for a Model 3 that I ordered, but apparently the white interiors are now looking like July (or later) deliveries. So I looked at the "inventory" for Model Y's. I'm looking at AWD long-range, blue exterior, white interior, 19" wheels, five seats. On the "inventory" page, there are at least 4 different prices for this exact same configuration: $46,790, $48,870, $49,390, and $49,910. These do not have tow hitches; these do not have 7 seats. Does anyone know why the same car would have at least 4 different prices? Thank you.

(moderator note)

merged your newly created thread with this thread which is the same discussion. I mention it because otherwise your post could look a bit strange to people asking the same question thats discussed in posts above your post.

On the "inventory" page, there are at least 4 different prices for this exact same configuration: $46,790, $48,870, $49,390, and $49,910. These do not have tow hitches; these do not have 7 seats. Does anyone know why the same car would have at least 4 different prices? Thank you.
Just Tesla pricing games. The cars are identical. When someone buys the cheapest one another will be discounted more to match it.

Just Tesla pricing games. The cars are identical. When someone buys the cheapest one another will be discounted more to match it.

Of course, there is no VIN numer and mileage, and you cannot just pick it up !!!
But Tresla has all your information.... and your deposit.

Something interesting, the inventory vehicles are discounted because they are "used" cars,
but since they have never been sold, you still have to pay the delivery fee.

Of course, there is no VIN numer and mileage, and you cannot just pick it up !!!
But Tresla has all your information.... and your deposit.

Something interesting, the inventory vehicles are discounted because they are "used" cars,
but since they have never been sold, you still have to pay the delivery fee.
I have no idea what you’re talking about or implying.

You can just “pick them up”. I took delivery of mine less than 24 hours after ordering.

They aren’t used in any way, shape, or form unless they’re clearly identified as demo vehicles on the inventory site (the vast majority are not). These are perfectly brand new cars, fresh off the assembly line, with no discernible difference from a full price “custom” order.

The destination fee is a federally mandated flat fee and it doesn’t matter if you pick up at the factory exit or in Hawaii, it’s the same. By law.

So again, I’m not sure what you’re implying.