Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 MY "Price Adjustment" Math

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The vehicles are not "new" anymore, they have been "used" so technically they are "used" vehicles.

No, they arent. New and used are regulated terms. they are not used vehicles any more than a brand new BMW on a BMW dealers lot is used. Not sure what you are trying to say here, but you are completely incorrect on this.

Some of them may be demo vehicles, but even then not all demo vehicles are used.

Inventory vehicles are not all demos, if thats what you think.

No more big discounts last time I checked (Indianapolis). We had a constantly rotating list of MYLR at least with $5k ish discounts for a few weeks. Now even the demo/TD vehicles aren’t discounted that much. Best I see is about $1600 off for one with 1100 miles on it.

Yes, we went to do a test drive yesterday with strong plans to purchase since the price was good. Then when we looked at the inventory the discount was quite a bit less from the previous day we saw earlier. So we left hoping it will eventually will be discounted more again later.

Definitely wasn't that. Nearly everything they sold deeply discounted last quarter were brand new 2024s.
Yeah we got 9% off our white YLR last month, and it was a ‘24 Austin build.

FWIW our other YLR was purchased in January and is Midnight Silver, not Stealth Gray, despite also being a 2024 per the VIN and our purchase docs. Also Austin-built.

I was watching a youtube channel and they were saying it could have been all the 2023 inventory that was offering the deeper discounts but they must have sold them all.

If it's the guy I am thinking of I'm not impressed. Watched parts of several videos and he just repeats the same thing over and over and doesn't really say anything. And he was definitely wrong on it being 2023s that were discounted....

So any guess what the strategy is here with removing the discounts when they have so much inventory? I know they will probably come back end of quarter but it’s only April and they still need to sell cars between now and end of June.

Hope so. I'm waiting and told them so today. We scheduled a drive about a week ago with the intention to buy if the wife liked it (she had already driven a Model 3). Well, she liked it , but at $5k more than 48 hours before.....? No thank you Elon. I will wait.

Reactions: brkaus
I bought mine on the last day of Q1 and it had $7100 worth of Tesla discounts plus of course the Federal Rebate of $7500. It was manufactured in Austin in March of 2024. In terms of future discounts, I have seen prices fluctuate both ways with Tesla. Ends of quarters are a favorite time for Tesla in an effort to "make their numbers". Any such presumption would depend on sales, and inventory in stock, at that point in time. Waiting for a discount means you are betting that inventory will outpace demand. YMMV.