Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Ongoing Purchase Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ooo those oil spots are tiny. Mine had the finger prints on the drivers B pillar. Overall the doors were aligned pretty well. The passenger side were spaced a little better than the drivers side but the paint looked good and the rear glass was all that was a deal breaker. I didnt get near the level of detail you are at.

I took some pictures but its hard because of the curved edges. Basically the passenger side was at least 50% bigger than the drivers side and all 3 of us saw it. We looked at all the other prepped for delivery 3s on the lot and all of them looked okay to us.

Ooo those oil spots are tiny. Mine had the finger prints on the drivers B pillar. Overall the doors were aligned pretty well. The passenger side were spaced a little better than the drivers side but the paint looked good and the rear glass was all that was a deal breaker. I didnt get near the level of detail you are at.

I took some pictures but its hard because of the curved edges. Basically the passenger side was at least 50% bigger than the drivers side and all 3 of us saw it. We looked at all the other prepped for delivery 3s on the lot and all of them looked okay to us.

So what’s your recourse now ? Waiting for another one ? My problem was I picked up pearl white/black interior P3D- or P3D Stealth whatever nomenclature we call.

Those were apparently limited edition FWIW and these issues weren’t affections the performace of car per se.

Grats on the Blue on Black. I tried to pick up my blue on black on Saturday and it had alignment issues with the rear glass. They said it was in tolerance but none of the other cars had any gaps like that one. I had to walk as that's not a problem I can fix. I'm back in line.
I would've done the same thing. It really sucks that you're having to wait longer, but waiting for a car to be exactly right is what I'd be doing right now as well, had I not gotten really lucky with how my car turned out.

I've been detailing cars for 35 years now, and have developed a pretty good eye over the years. ; ) I brought an inspection light with me and went over my car for nearly 30 minutes before going to sign papers on it. After hearing so many stories of so many cosmetic and structural alignment issues I was very pleasantly surprised by how well my car turned out.

I had told my sales rep that i didn't even want them to wash the car when they pulled it off the trailer, but he was a bit slow to intercept them. They had washed the car and had just started buffing it with a rotary buffer when he caught them. As such, I have buffer trails on a very small section of the car, but it'll be no problem for me to polish them out. I also told them to not use touch up paint on any defects. He kinda scoffed like, "oh, I'm sure you'll be able to see them...". I assured him I would.

I'm glad to hear that you're not going to settle for anything less than the new car that you bought and paid for. IMO, more buyers need to do this, as it's the only way that Tesla will ever up their game. They don't have any reason to improve their alignment/cosmetic issues if people keep taking delivery of them.

Let us know how the next one goes?

So what’s your recourse now ? Waiting for another one ? My problem was I picked up pearl white/black interior P3D- or P3D Stealth whatever nomenclature we call.

Those were apparently limited edition FWIW and these issues weren’t affections the performace of car per se.
My recourse is wait for another I think. My account still shows the same stuff as prior to delivery and I have a call and text into the SR that was helping me up till delivery to see what the next step is. I don't really want to broaden my color selection so well see how it goes.

EDIT: So I talked with my SR and he said this should have been no problem to Due bill. He looked for some other new ones in the area and couldnt find any with my spec and said he would call up the delivery center to see if they would just due bill it and deliver. I guess Ill see how it plays out.