Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

E-titles in Florida

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up my model Y performance tomorrow. They are asking me for my title for my trade in but we have e-titles in Florida. I have emailed the rep at the local Tesla dealership here in Tampa and I've told him that the DMV IS told me I don't need a physical title. We "printed" one last Saturday that will be mailed to us in 7-10 days. Is this going to hold up my process? If so I'm pissed. Anyone with a solution?

Picking up my model Y performance tomorrow. They are asking me for my title for my trade in but we have e-titles in Florida. I have emailed the rep at the local Tesla dealership here in Tampa and I've told him that the DMV IS told me I don't need a physical title. We "printed" one last Saturday that will be mailed to us in 7-10 days. Is this going to hold up my process? If so I'm pissed. Anyone with a solution?
Unfortunately, the fault is on you.

You knew you were going to trade in the old car... so you should've done your "homework" ahead of time, instead of waiting.

Unfortunately, the fault is on you.

You knew you were going to trade in the old car... so you should've done your "homework" ahead of time, instead of waiting.
WTF are you talking about?

Any car dealership in Florida (new or used) understands the E-title system, you only need a paper title if you are doing a private sale. So why would the OP expect Tesla to be so far behind the technology that they require a paper title? Now that I have seen the OP's problem, if I chose to buy another Tesla and were trading in my old one I would know how backwards Tesla is, but without his post I would be in the same boat.

Keith

Reactions: CapsEngineer
Wow, I've never seen so much crazy jumping to conclusions on several sides of something so fast. So far the last words we saw from the Tesla rep were simply the request to bring the title. That's it. We haven't seen any response that there will be any problem at all. @Killmonger says he's going to bring a printed paper version of it, but we haven't had any indication if that's cool or not. Maybe the Tesla rep will just say, "Yeah, that's good." There's no call for this:
So why would the OP expect Tesla to be so far behind the technology that they require a paper title? [...] I would know how backwards Tesla is
So far, that is describing a problem that we haven't heard exists yet.