Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My power consumption went off the chart is morning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. I did a round trip of 160 km last night in temps ranging from -19 to -15. The drive took me one hour each way with 2 hours cold soaking in between. Half of the drive was 401 and the other half were back roads.

I used 255 km of rated range for the 160 km. No compromises on heating. Cabin at 20. Noticed a cold draft on my passenger side around my neck / shoulder. Wondered if it was cold air falling from the pano roof.

A bit off-topic, but I'm experiencing the same drafty air leaks in my P85D on my head and shoulders. The cold "breeze" is especially noticeable with the HVAC set to recirculate, and I have a ranger visit scheduled later this month to address this and an unrelated issue. In the meantime, I use fresh air on the coldest days, further exacerbating the energy consumption issue.

Josh in Alaska

Do you have the pano roof? Sometimes when it's extremely cold the top of my (bald) head can feel a little cool draft, but I'm certain it's just air in contact with the cold glass chilling and then wafting down. There's no leak or I would hear it (and I used to before they fixed it).

Yeah, the Snow Joe...works well for light powder...not so well on wet snow (but what snowblower does...)...it did get somewhat overwhelmed by the 35 cms we got yesterday...make sure you buy an extra battery in case you're not finished the job when the first one craps out...not as good as a gas snowblower, but way more convenient and is still well worth getting imo...

Cordless Snow Blowers | Lawn Mowers | Trimmers | Tillers | Snow Joe

Sorry about being I ff topic but I gotta boast that my new Ryobi 40v snowblower is awesome. It came with two batteries and I bought the chain saw as well so now I have three batteries. The snowblower handled our 35 cm snowfall with relative ease but I did need 3 full batteries to get my driveway and walkways done. I am getting rid of everything gasoline powered and going with battery electric - way more convenient!