Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Rep said that Refferal codes dont work in MI, OH, VA - IS this true?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

"
Eligibility

Must be at least 18 years old to be eligible for benefits and are non-transferable or redeemable for cash. The customer is responsible for all taxes and local requirements and fees. Program and awards are conditional on and subject to local laws and regulations. Unfortunately, Ohio and Virginia residents are not eligible for referral program awards.

The customer may not be an employee, legal representative or partner of Tesla or any Affiliate of Tesla. Nothing in the Referral Program shall be deemed to create any kind of relationship between the referrer and Tesla or any of Tesla’s Affiliates. The referrer has no authority to represent or bind Tesla. Terms and conditions are subject to change.
"

It doesn't mention Michigan.

They work fine in Michigan. I used one when I purchased and I've had several people use mine, a couple of whom live in Michigan too.
That's funny.... Michigan was the only one that made sense to me, being so afraid of hurting ICE car sales. Such as trying to exclude Tesla from the soon to be rebate by adding a clause that non union automakers will be excluded.