Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Salvage P85 rebuild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Putting the doors on was pretty straight forward once I figured out how the glass come out again the shop manual instructions were very vague here.

Then I put back the curtain airbags and then SRS module and Air suspension module then went in. Again extremely tight putting the Air Suspension module in. After it was put in the first time I had an air suspension fault. After some troubleshooting I ended up pulling the module back out and noticed I had bent some pins on the connector during the reinstall. It is so tight in there that I must have mangled it. After I fixed the pins I got it back in place and I hope to never pull it out again. No faults now.

About this time I got my Title. So I filled out all the paperwork for the FL Rebuild inspection and sent out the forms as the office is 60 miles away from me. The next week I get a call to schedule the inspection for 10 Jan. More to come

Attachments

• IMG-0987.JPG
    IMG-0987.JPG
    372.1 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG-0988.JPG
    IMG-0988.JPG
    216.6 KB · Views: 207
Sorry for the long delay on the progress. I passed the state inspection despite the Rear RH quarter panel being mangled. Inspector never even mentioned it. I wonder what the standards are exactly but didn't want to ask and push my luck.

With the title I was now able to get the registration. And then with that I called Tesla and had them add the car to my Tesla account and surprise the Tesla app works!!

I was so excited about this I drove the nearest supercharging station to see if it would charge but didn't get lucky here. Supercharging had been disabled. I called Tesla customer service about this and after being passed to every possible department and spending close to 4hrs on the phone with them I was no closer to getting the supercharging enabled by them then when I had fist called. It was a frustrating experience with them. At first I wanted to do it there way and get the car inspected but they make the process so difficult that I decided to just find someone to root the car and enable it that way.

I went to work on fixing the wheels that had bad curb damage. I smoothed the jagged edges with a dremel and flap wheel and filled the gaps with body filler. Then I plasti dipped the wheels Matte Anthracite Gray. While the wheels were off I painted the calipers red and added white Tesla decals I bought off ebay.

I ended up finding a body shop that fixed my existing quarter panel so I ended up selling my used good one. Body shop charged me $3000 to fix the quarter panel and repaint all the damaged panels to include front and rear bumper and that quarter. Came out really good and better than I expected. You would have a hard time telling there ever was damage to the car now.

I got the windows tinted.

Final step was I found someone to remotely root the car and enable the supercharging. I just did this step this afternoon and now have access to the diagnostic areas of the MCU. I will test the supercharging tommorow but I am confident it will work now. Car is 100% back to normal, I have a functional app and supercharging should be working all for under $31,000 plus my labor.

Reactions: kevinM and JPUConn
Some pictures of the final progress...

Attachments

• IMG-1062.png
    IMG-1062.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 174
  • IMG-1155.JPG
    IMG-1155.JPG
    495.9 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG-1156.JPG
    IMG-1156.JPG
    598.2 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG-1158.JPG
    IMG-1158.JPG
    465.9 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG-1216.JPG
    IMG-1216.JPG
    601.6 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG-1262.JPG
    IMG-1262.JPG
    378.1 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG-1266.JPG
    IMG-1266.JPG
    355.5 KB · Views: 168
Final step was I found someone to remotely root the car and enable the supercharging. I just did this step this afternoon and now have access to the diagnostic areas of the MCU. I will test the supercharging tommorow but I am confident it will work now. Car is 100% back to normal said:
Nice work beautiful car!

I went thru the same process was fun getting thru the challenges like you have.

Can you please tell me who did your root work? My car is for sale and I have someone interested in having it done.

Thank you!

Kevin