Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla has arrived!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The deed is done. Out with the old (M6) and in with the new P90D! You guys were right. The more I've been driving the p90d (especially in ludicrous mode) the less I am missing the M6 already! I can tell this car is going to be a lot of fun for a long time...
IMG958164.jpg
IMG_8171.jpg
20160622_101818.jpg
20160622_101838.jpg

Congrats!

Did you have a choice of old vs. new nose?

It was a Tesla inventory car built 6 months ago had 3k miles from test drives and such. Still sold as new with full warranty (and is in perfect condition) but dropped the price from 143k to 124k which I gladly took! I actually preferred the old nose cone after visiting the tesla center in my area so it was a no brainer for me.

Awesome price. The old front is better looking than the duck faced thing they have now. I really think that in a year after the newness has worn off that people will realize they prefer the older look for those that haven't already stated so.

At a Tesla social, a group of us were talking about the new nose. A few of us said we were getting used to it, and a few said it hadn't grown on them yet. Nobody said they liked the new style better. I was a little surprised by that. Me, I am overjoyed with my fishmouth nose, yacht center console, and huge frunk. It feels like I bought at just the right time for me, personally. I think @Nland7 did well.

Reactions: DrManhattan
It was a Tesla inventory car built 6 months ago had 3k miles from test drives and such. Still sold as new with full warranty (and is in perfect condition) but dropped the price from 143k to 124k which I gladly took! I actually preferred the old nose cone after visiting the tesla center in my area so it was a no brainer for me.

Congratulations on your new baby... and very nicely played getting the discount.

I would have done the same thing and nearly did a year ago with my 85D.. (the inventory car shipped with 21 rims that I couldn't abide by driving as I do on potholed NYC city streets. they refused to swap out the tires for 19s, so I walked away from the inventory car in favor of a built to order car. my inventory also only had about 500 miles on it so the discount was not nearly as good as yours.)

I also don't mind the classic nose cone. :)

Enjoy your new ride! In your first month make sure you...

1. Laugh as you pass gas stations and the fools who stand there filling up. I just passed 2 years and still get a smirk when I do.
2. Expand your music horizons. I know most folks would prefer Pandora or Spotify, but Slacker can introduce you to bands you've never heard of. Sure did for me. (not a comment on the Pearl Jam showing on your screen- they're great too)
3. Take friends for a Ludicrous Mode ride. If you want to play a very nostalgic game, tell them to try to touch the screen as you mash on the accelerator. That was actually the sales pitch that started the company according to Business Insider.
4. Don't be afraid of the Tesla Grin. It's contagious and shouldn't be avoided.
5. Look for Easter Eggs. There's one I know of. Not sure if the second exists on newer MS cars without the air suspension.

I like that. Where did you get it done?
It's Plasti-dip - just tape around the areas you don't want to spray and it goes on like spray paint. Super easy to peel off if you don't like it. A lot of us (locals) have various versions of this - some black out the entire cone, some do selective parts. I like leaving the horizontal strip of chrome but removing the surround looks good in my opinion.