Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla Model 3P @ 6 months - the HORROR!!! ;-)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well said. I couldn’t agree with you more about being the best car out there. It is such a joy to drive.

I will disagree on just three things:
- I really dislike the seats. Yes, they are EXTREMELY comfortable but the side support is just horrific for what this car is capable. I know I’m in the minority here but anyone who has owned a German performance sedan will have to agree. They are not suited for the performance version.
- The sound system is good, but not as good as my 2013 B&O S5. The bass is lacking at higher volumes and I constantly need to adjust the volume to hear as the speeds increase.
- The handling is incredible, no doubt. Certainly on par with my prior stock M3s and S5. Still, I think it rides too “squishy” in quick maneuvers. Coilovers are going to be an investment for me.

A few other things like low tech mobile phone integration and no factory black package would be nice (and a way to get more money from me if offered).

But all in all, extremely reliable for me too. First vehicle I’ve taken out “just for the thrill of driving” in quite a long time. The nitpicks above are personal and not everyone will agree (obviously).

I love my M3, but really don't like / appreciate the fixed and very forward front seat head rests.

Agreed. I have a Prius daily driver because of my work distance. But I drive my model 3 so much! Any excuse I have to drive I do it. It handles excellent! Just wished regular models have track mode but otherwise it corners better than the bmw I had.
Why would you possible keep a Prius when you have a M3P. It will be all I can do to not burn mine to the ground when I get my Tesla.

Today marks 2 years with my Model 3P.

I'm at about 29K miles, despite COVID-19 restrictions. (many 800+ mile round-trips to Northern Michigan from our home near Chicago more than made up for a lack of commuting mileage)

Also drove it across Michigan's U.P., following the southern shore of Lake Superior, accompanying two of my friends on their BMW motorcycles. Fun trip despite *ZERO* Superchargers along our route. Campground RV power pylons FTW! ;)

Still have more fun with the car than any I've previously owned.

Still wish it were quieter on the freeway and that it had an adjustable and/or air suspension for a smoother ride.

As a testament to the car's market success, Model 3s are everywhere now, even in the frigid upper Midwest. Still don't see all that many Model 3Ps though...

As a Christmas present, I'm going to have a power trunk added (this will also reduce my green-eyed envy of owners of 2021s which include that feature).

It's been interesting watching introduction of newer EV offerings, from the Model Y to the Polestar 2 to the Ford Mustang Mach E. The snowball is rolling downhill, gaining speed. Tesla has its work cut out for it to remain the market leader...

I'm happy to have been an early adopter and am really looking forward to the next 2 years with the car, and likely to eventually replacing our Q5 with an EV as well. Which brand remains to be seen...

Last edited:
... Still don't see all that many Model 3Ps though...

The regular RWD Model 3 has so much torque that the P is really just for hard-cord performance enthusiasts. I wanted the AWD-P but settled for plain RWD so as not to have to wait another six months. I've never felt that my car was under-powered. I've got way more acceleration than 99% of non-Tesla cars on the road. And with free electricity there's no penalty for flooring it (which I hardly ever do any more because it has more torque than I need). And all this in spite of the fact that I came to the Model 3 from the Roadster. Compared to the old Prius, the Model 3 (non-P) is a rocket ship.

The regular RWD Model 3 has so much torque that the P is really just for hard-cord performance enthusiasts. ...I've got way more acceleration than 99% of non-Tesla cars on the road...Compared to the old Prius, the Model 3 (non-P) is a rocket ship.

I guess it depends on your frame of reference, right?

The car I owned immediately prior to the Model 3P was quicker/faster than every non-"P" Tesla (S, X or 3) and I wasn't willing to move to a slower car, so it was P or nothing for me....

I guess it depends on your frame of reference, right?

The car I owned immediately prior to the Model 3P was quicker/faster than every non-"P" Tesla (S, X or 3) and I wasn't willing to move to a slower car, so it was P or nothing for me....

Yes, absolutely. But that does put you in the minority of Tesla owners. Thus the relative scarcity of P models.

Got my M3P this summer. The most fun I've had in a car, ever...and that's counting my BMW 750Li. From screaming around mountain curves to cruising down the beach, this little bucket of joy keeps me smiling. Glad I took the plunge...no complaints here. Tesla fan for life now.

Got my M3P this summer. The most fun I've had in a car, ever...and that's counting my BMW 750Li. From screaming around mountain curves to cruising down the beach, this little bucket of joy keeps me smiling. Glad I took the plunge...no complaints here. Tesla fan for life now.

I loved the acceleration of my Roadster, but the most fun I ever had in a car was my little garden-pest-green Zap Xebra. 35 mph (56 kph) top speed on level ground, zero-to-35-mph time of around 31 seconds, and it put an enormous smile on my face every time I drove it. I still prefer EAP on my Model 3 to either of them.