Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla Model S Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Always. Not wanting to sway your interest. If you publish you Will get alternative views. With that said, with a shop like that you Really need an OMAX waterjet. I can help you with that and then you would have Unlimited creative abilities! Lol
Maybe
We use plasma cutters, bandsaws, table saws and cut off wheels.
Mostly we fabricate accessories for our presses.

Here's some new pits we had cast for 4 more presses

Made in America

I'll ask the fabricator and my engineers about an OMAX.
Could be one more tool to add to everything.

I can take critisism.

Here's what a schoshe pod looks like taken apart.

It would be easy to mount it and a switch of some kind into a piece of aluminum angle like this.

It would require 2 rca cables instead of a phone cable.
Nothing I can't do.
But I have bigger fish to fry than redoing the controls.
Maybe after I get the subs working after next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: siamnet
Looks good enough for me.
If you do yours you can make it how you want it if you have the capabilities.
I adjust my sub level a lot like every song and even during a song.
The control pad I will have placed over the steering column like I had in my Jeeps.
Using it to turn off the Jammer is awkward although I could still do it.

I like having a kill switch right at my finger tips.
The AL can be programmed to turn off in 4 seconds which is the default but I prefer leaving it open and using the rocker switch.
Why would you put your ALP control panel in a place where you have to reach up and through your steering wheel to use it? (I guess that is why you feel the need to have a separate kill switch.)

Maybe

Made in America

I can take critisism.

It would be easy to mount it and a switch of some kind into a piece of aluminum angle like this.

Nothing I can't do.
Were you on Rt400 this afternoon, got off on Jamison Rd? Around 3pm?

Why would you put your ALP control panel in a place where you have to reach up and through your steering wheel to use it? (I guess that is why you feel the need to have a separate kill switch.)
It's a convenient place.
If you have it set to turn off automatically you don't need to get at it other than for settings while parked.
I like having a kill switch right at my fingertips so I can decide when it turns off.
Where would you put it?
Somewhere on the console?

It's a convenient place.
- Unless you are using it to JTK.

If you have it set to turn off automatically you don't need to get at it other than for settings while parked.
- Settings are much more easily changed in the ALP App and uploaded via Bluetooth module.
I like having a kill switch right at my fingertips so I can decide when it turns off.
- This is quite literally what the control pad offers. JTK (Jam to Kill) is 4 seconds automatically (also configurable, mine is 3 seconds), but if you hit either of the buttons on the control pad once the jammers alert, it will kill the jammers immediately (no need for an external rocker switch unless you place it where it cannot be safely reached while driving)
Where would you put it?
Somewhere on the console?
- I had one on the dash, just left of the steering wheel on my older Model S. It was easy to reach when needed.

- On my current Model S, I no longer use the keypad at all. I exclusively use the app and have it open and sitting in the Wireless Charger at all times when driving. Easy to see, hear and JTK is a touch anywhere on the phone screen.

My point here is that there is no need for any external kill switch. It is redundant to the features already included with the ALP.

- Unless you are using it to JTK.

- Settings are much more easily changed in the ALP App and uploaded via Bluetooth module.

- This is quite literally what the control pad offers. JTK (Jam to Kill) is 4 seconds automatically (also configurable, mine is 3 seconds), but if you hit either of the buttons on the control pad once the jammers alert, it will kill the jammers immediately (no need for an external rocker switch unless you place it where it cannot be safely reached while driving)

- I had one on the dash, just left of the steering wheel on my older Model S. It was easy to reach when needed.

- On my current Model S, I no longer use the keypad at all. I exclusively use the app and have it open and sitting in the Wireless Charger at all times when driving. Easy to see, hear and JTK is a touch anywhere on the phone screen.

My point here is that there is no need for any external kill switch. It is redundant to the features already included with the ALP.
I don't want to use the app since I don't actually get lasered very often, maybe once or twice a year.
The kill switch is a personal preference.
I use the usb cable and a flash drive to program mine but once it's done there's no need to change anything.

Maybe

Made in America

I can take critisism.

Nothing I can't do.
That’s an impressive pit. Serious tonnage. Just let me know I work for Hypertherm (likely your plasma, and the Premium OMAX waterjet that would cut any material or thickness to .002”. Impressive place nice. And no to Any angle iron in a Tesla……..

Reactions: LowlyOilBurner
That’s an impressive pit. Serious tonnage. Just let me know I work for Hypertherm (likely your plasma, and the Premium OMAX waterjet that would cut any material or thickness to .002”. Impressive place nice. And no to Any angle iron in a Tesla……..
Small world. We do a ton of business with Hypertherm, along with Lincoln Electric, Miller, Koike Aronson, ect. I was sad to see Hypertherm stop making the Centricut consumables.

So I decided to go with 2 12" subs

Car Audio Shop did my Amp and signal inputs and AL Priority Laser Jammer..

Extra battery

AL Priority Laser Jammer

Control Module

Plaid Emblems

Carbon Fiber wrap for tail lights

CF Door lock covers.

Last edited:
Do you recall the partnumber of the ARP studs you installed? I have a -23 plaid and need something just slightly longer that fits, heard someone had problems with fitting certain ARP studs in the hubs.
I got these from Mountainpass Performance

They're MSI Racing Products brand

Had no problems putting them in using this stud tool

Used some nuts with 2" of thread

Time for an update

I did the glossy carbon fiber overlays on the woodgrain accents

Added front parking camera

Shark Teeth just for fun

Larger Midrange speakers

Scotchbrite pad fixed rattling of loose stuff in the console

Spacex Emblem

Plaid Emblem on front door rockers

Rear CF Diffuser

CF on window switches

CF Trim

Subs set to BOOOOM

Last edited:
IMG_0638.jpeg

Might suggest this collection for your next car “Mod”.

View attachment 1034574

Might suggest this collection for your next car “Mod”.
Here's a Funny for you and the other members

Are those your work tools from the car wash ?
Do you offer a mobile cleaning service?
Just kidding my good buddy
It's been raining a lot here lately.
I'm just too busy.
When the weather gets better I'll take it to the local soft spray car wash.
Show us your mods if you have any.
;)😄

Here's a clean pic for you

Last edited:
I've been busy with work.
Our latest new press is almost ready to go.

These 2 will take another month

Now that I'm almost done with the Plaid maybe I'll take it to the Deltasonic Car Wash on the weekend for a thorough interior cleaning and hand wash :cool:.
and 2 coats of wax.
Or maybe get the nephew to do it. He could use some extra money.

Last edited: