Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla Model S Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats on your Plaid and making it yours - what a great thread to read. The only issue I have in this entire conversation is post #61 when you said you were at a car wash. From every picture you have posted of any of your cars, I really don’t think you’ve ever really seen a car wash - ever. 😜 All in good fun!

Congrats on your Plaid and making it yours - what a great thread to read. The only issue I have in this entire conversation is post #61 when you said you were at a car wash. From every picture you have posted of any of your cars, I really don’t think you’ve ever really seen a car wash - ever. 😜 All in good fun!
Actually there's a local hand wash and touchless swing arm powerwash automatic car wash that I take my cars to.
I handwash my Tesla with the soap brush, soap spray and rinse spray then go 1 exit on the local highway to my house to blow off the water.

What I'm mostly guilty of is not cleaning the driver footwell and carpet.
I'm 65 and have arthritis and back issues and to me a car is an appliance.
We have still been having some wintery mix like this week

so there's not much point in washing the car.
I'm not competing in a car show here just showing my extensive mods.

I still have 1 more Mod to do.
I got these shallow high efficiency speakers to replace the subs in the doors and have some baffles and insulation sheets.

Stock Tesla 8" door sub

The door panels are easy to remove in 5 minutes.
I had a chipped driver window replaced so I saw how to do it.
It's only 3 torx screws so I'll get to it soon.

Last edited:
Although not a Mod based on a thread on the BMW Forum I bought a tube of this windshield repair on Amazon for the sunroof.
It will fill a bulls eye up to 1.25" in case it gets hit by a rock and keep it from spreading and needing to replace the sunroof.

I've been busy with work.
Our latest new press is almost ready to go.

These 2 will take another month

Now that I'm almost done with the Plaid maybe I'll take it to the Deltasonic Car Wash on the weekend for a thorough interior cleaning and hand wash :cool:.
and 2 coats of wax.
Or maybe get the nephew to do it. He could use some extra money.
Ok Now I’m impressed! That’s some serious tonnage. Guess 1000 ton? And clean I might add. Bet those were some impressive pits to support that load. Well done!

Ok Now I’m impressed! That’s some serious tonnage. Guess 1000 ton? And clean I might add. Bet those were some impressive pits to support that load. Well done!
Actually they a 2000 tons for this one we are going to make the first SMC part from.

These other 2 are 2500 and 4000 tons

The pits are 12 feet deep

We have 20 other presses of various sizes that we bought used and rebuilt with new pumps motors and controls like this 1800 ton

These 3 presses are so clean because they are brand new.
We don't have time to refurbish presses anymore.
There's the efficiency triangle in manufacturing.

Fast, Cheap, Good
You can only have 2 of the 3.

Fast and Cheap but not Good
Fast and Good but not Cheap
Cheap and Good but not Fast

Even with new presses it's taken 9 months to get to where we are today.

Last edited:
Actually they a 2000 tons for this one we are going to make the first SMC part from.

These other 2 are 2500 and 4000 tons

The pits are 12 feet deep

We have 20 other presses of various sizes that we bought used and rebuilt with new pumps motors and controls like this 1800 ton

These 3 presses are so clean because they are brand new.
We don't have time to refurbish presses anymore.
There's the efficiency triangle in manufacturing.

Fast, Cheap, Good
You can only have 2 of the 3.

Fast and Cheap but not Good
Fast and Good but not Cheap
Cheap and Good but not Fast

Even with new presses it's taken 9 months to get to where we are today.
Impressive thanks for sharing.