Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor My Tesla Remote - A 3rd party remote that doesn't ask for your credentials

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK great.
Do all other functions in the app work properly with your car? I don't have a lot of feedback from MS/MX owners so don't hesitate to let me know if needed...
Was holding out for the no button press/no open app door unlock but decided today to go ahead and download in hopes a future update could provide this feature. Logged in bluetooth only with VIN for reference.(really like the no sign-in option you provide)

Yah I was wondering was this app just designed for 3/Y because when I press the lock button nothing happens. When I press lock on Tesla app all the doors close. Will test some more tommorow but being able to close the auto doors is a must have for X owners.

Was holding out for the no button press/no open app door unlock but decided today to go ahead and download in hopes a future update could provide this feature. Logged in bluetooth only with VIN for reference.(really like the no sign-in option you provide)

Yah I was wondering was this app just designed for 3/Y because when I press the lock button nothing happens. When I press lock on Tesla app all the doors close. Will test some more tommorow but being able to close the auto doors is a must have for X owners.
Ok
Did you notice that the buttons on the car image need a long press to be triggered ?
Fo you experience the same problem using the « simple commands » menu?
It would be great if you could tell me exactly which commands are not working well I could take a look and fix it
Thank you so much for your feedback

Ok
Did you notice that the buttons on the car image need a long press to be triggered ?
Fo you experience the same problem using the « simple commands » menu?
It would be great if you could tell me exactly which commands are not working well I could take a look and fix it
Thank you so much for your feedback
Yes I understand you must long press for anything to work.
For reference I only use bluetooth mode I tried using simple commands menu same results...

Functionality
-Can open all 4 car doors but cannot close
-Can open frunk(model x does not auto close so no added functionality needed)
-Can open charge port using watch app but cannot/will not close after opening with app. (not important as I just click the button on my home charger to open charge port so would never have use for this button)
-Can open and close trunk

So basically need to be able to close doors independently and have the lock button automatically close all doors like it does on the tesla app to be usable with model x.

Also even tho app said connected I have to long press the open drivers door button to open it, if I press the physical door handle it does not open. Needs the seamless background functionality like I referenced on page 3 of this thread.

Dear all,

Recently some users experienced some issues accessing to their car using cellular network in the app.
This is related to the fact that Tesla is progressively migrating to their new official API, and in the meantime, the old one is being deactivated.

I'm happy to announce that a first beta version of the new version of the app is now available, including support for the new official Tesla API
You can find it and try it at no cost here:
Join the My Tesla Remote beta

Unfortunately, if you already have the app installed on your devices you have to delete them, both on iPhone and Apple Watch, deactivate Bluetooth pairing (in the car, go to the main menu, then in the lock section you should see the tired bluetooth keys and you can delete them, the app by default should appear as an "unknown key" (one for the iPhone and one for the AW).
Then reinstall right from the start using the provided link

I'd be happy to have your feedback, if you can tell me if it works.
I tested it on my car so far and I was able to connect using the new API.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Hi. Thanks for the link. I have tested the app as follows:

I am using this with an Apple Watch 6 (non-cellular) on a 2023 Model S in Bluetooth mode
Wasn’t able to connect using iPhone Active button. Adding the VIN via the iPhone keyboard worked fine. Pairing as a Key worked once I completed the VIN input

Unlock, Trunk and Frunk controls work fine as does using the watch as a Key to drive
Charge port control opens the charge port but doesn’t close it (not sure if this is the intent)
Individual door lock control unlocks all doors (not sure what the intent is for these. Maybe Model S doesn’t support individual door locks)
Did not check any Siri commands as I don’t use Siri

Dear all,

Recently some users experienced some issues accessing to their car using cellular network in the app.
This is related to the fact that Tesla is progressively migrating to their new official API, and in the meantime, the old one is being deactivated.

I'm happy to announce that a first beta version of the new version of the app is now available, including support for the new official Tesla API

Unfortunately, if you already have the app installed on your devices you have to delete them, both on iPhone and Apple Watch, deactivate Bluetooth pairing (in the car, go to the main menu, then in the lock section you should see the tired bluetooth keys and you can delete them, the app by default should appear as an "unknown key" (one for the iPhone and one for the AW).
Then reinstall right from the start using the provided link

I'd be happy to have your feedback, if you can tell me if it works.
I tested it on my car so far and I was able to connect using the new API.

Merry Christmas to everyone!
Sorry but app no longer works for me. Signed in on phone opened on watch and on phone stuck in this screen

Attachments

• IMG_0192.png
    IMG_0192.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
Hi,
First thanks for the great app for apple watch.

My devices.
Model Y 2023
Apple watch 4 No cellular network.

The version 3.5 is not able to start to drive the car (keep ask me put the key near console box). I can unlock the door, trunk etc.

Version 4.0 (beta)
Watch APP is opened. I see it is "connected" with blue icon. I use the bluetooth mode only.

When I pull the handle, car is locked, I need manual unlock the door. long press the lock icon. (or the open door icon)

The car is locked, if I long press the lock icon, it will beep once (lock) again, and press one more time then will beep twice (unlock)

When I go in the car, the apple watch key is greyed out in the system, means can't drive. (my watch app is opened, and it say "connected")
The watch is connected to the car, but the system didn't find the "key".

What I did : lock and unlock the car or do anything so that the key appears black (not grey out) in the system, then it will able to start to drive the car.
(Seems like doing something to activate the key and tell the car -> key is inside)

I found that it will be a case that if I "lock" the car while I am sitting inside, the key also grey out.

If the watch need to act as tesla phone key (just pull handle unlock and drive away, also walk away lock the car), I need "login" tesla system or need a newer watch? or need both?

Thanks again.

Hi,
First thanks for the great app for apple watch.

My devices.
Model Y 2023
Apple watch 4 No cellular network.

The version 3.5 is not able to start to drive the car (keep ask me put the key near console box). I can unlock the door, trunk etc.

Version 4.0 (beta)
Watch APP is opened. I see it is "connected" with blue icon. I use the bluetooth mode only.

When I pull the handle, car is locked, I need manual unlock the door. long press the lock icon. (or the open door icon)

The car is locked, if I long press the lock icon, it will beep once (lock) again, and press one more time then will beep twice (unlock)

When I go in the car, the apple watch key is greyed out in the system, means can't drive. (my watch app is opened, and it say "connected")
The watch is connected to the car, but the system didn't find the "key".

What I did : lock and unlock the car or do anything so that the key appears black (not grey out) in the system, then it will able to start to drive the car.
(Seems like doing something to activate the key and tell the car -> key is inside)

I found that it will be a case that if I "lock" the car while I am sitting inside, the key also grey out.

If the watch need to act as tesla phone key (just pull handle unlock and drive away, also walk away lock the car), I need "login" tesla system or need a newer watch? or need both?

Thanks again.
Thank you very much for this detailed feedback, I'll have a look and come back to you

Hi. Thanks for the link. I have tested the app as follows:

I am using this with an Apple Watch 6 (non-cellular) on a 2023 Model S in Bluetooth mode
Wasn’t able to connect using iPhone Active button. Adding the VIN via the iPhone keyboard worked fine. Pairing as a Key worked once I completed the VIN input

Unlock, Trunk and Frunk controls work fine as does using the watch as a Key to drive
Charge port control opens the charge port but doesn’t close it (not sure if this is the intent)
Individual door lock control unlocks all doors (not sure what the intent is for these. Maybe Model S doesn’t support individual door locks)
Did not check any Siri commands as I don’t use Siri
Thank you very much.
I don't have a lot of feedback from model S users, so I can't be sure about the individual door control.
Maybe what you can do is to try to control individual door locking once or twice, then move to the watch main menu, scroll all the way down to "Contact" button, then you'll have a procedure to send me a debug log.

Thank you!

Thank you very much for this detailed feedback, I'll have a look and come back to you
I updated to 4.00 (2)

I didn't test in detail. But the need of mine should be ok.

What I do :
1. Apple watch app on.
2. I see the blue icon "connected" appear.
3. Pull the handle, door unlock.
4. I sit inside, I see the key is in "black", it is active (I didn't try go to drive mode, since I forget to test)
5. I leave my car, after some times, car auto locked.

I didn't touch any button in watch app, sure need run the app and keep it in front page.

p.s. I think set the setting > Display & Brightness > Wake Duration -> 70 second, it will help when you need unlock the door / drive the car.

I dunno for the low power mode will affect or not. (my low power mode is off right now)

Thanks again.

it is best tesla key app so far, what it need is VIN only. The apple watch just another "key" in case phone out of battery or etc. since normal key card should be carried at all times.

I hate the use key card since I need to tap to unlock and lock the car after I leave. This app key mostly same as phone key. Prefect.

Reactions: mySmartRemote
I updated to 4.00 (2)

I didn't test in detail. But the need of mine should be ok.

What I do :
1. Apple watch app on.
2. I see the blue icon "connected" appear.
3. Pull the handle, door unlock.
4. I sit inside, I see the key is in "black", it is active (I didn't try go to drive mode, since I forget to test)
5. I leave my car, after some times, car auto locked.

I didn't touch any button in watch app, sure need run the app and keep it in front page.

p.s. I think set the setting > Display & Brightness > Wake Duration -> 70 second, it will help when you need unlock the door / drive the car.

I dunno for the low power mode will affect or not. (my low power mode is off right now)

Thanks again.

it is best tesla key app so far, what it need is VIN only. The apple watch just another "key" in case phone out of battery or etc. since normal key card should be carried at all times.

I hate the use key card since I need to tap to unlock and lock the car after I leave. This app key mostly same as phone key. Prefect.
Thank you very much that's a great feedback!

Thank you very much.
I don't have a lot of feedback from model S users, so I can't be sure about the individual door control.
Maybe what you can do is to try to control individual door locking once or twice, then move to the watch main menu, scroll all the way down to "Contact" button, then you'll have a procedure to send me a debug log.

Thank you!
I just sent you a log with the information you requested. Thanks.

Thank you very much that's a great feedback!
Another try. 30-Dec-2023 6pm
4.00 (2)

this time is no response. I do same thing as last time.

1. Watch App opened. Connected.

2. Pull handle, no response. Need to press unlock button (it workings as normal unlock, beep twice, mirror unfold)

3. Go inside car, watch key is grey (expected)

4. If I try to lock and unlock the car, the watch key will become active (black)

As first-time trigger not working, the car need manual lock, not walk away autolock.

** This time when I sitting inside car and try lock / unlock the car, the watch key keeping black (active), previous version may be random grey out the watch key.

As my charging cable is connected right now, I can't test if I can go to drive mode or not.