Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor My Tesla Remote - A 3rd party remote that doesn't ask for your credentials

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mySmartRemote

Global Vendor
Aug 31, 2023
France
Hi everyone,

I would like to let you know that I developed My Tesla Remote, an app for iPhone and Apple Watch to enhance the control of your vehicle.

The app is one of the cheapest of the available 3rd party apps ($1.99), as I'm an independent and non professional developer.

Here are the most remarkable features:
- You'll be able to connect to your car using Bluetooth to turn your Apple Watch into a fully independent key fob to open and drive your car even if you don't carry your phone with you (Bluetooth is compatible with most recent vehicles that are equipped with keycards)

- The app also includes the possibility to trigger functions automatically when you approach your car. For example the "Departure" function will automatically unlock the doors, unlatch front driver door and release the charging cable if necessary when you get nearby your car. The same kind of function is available to control the frunk and the trunk, so you can open them automatically in case you hands are full.

- Connecting with your personal Tesla credentials is not mandatory but remains recommended to get access to all the app functionalities. Bluetooth only mode is available on Apple Watch for users who do not want to share credentials with 3rd party apps

- The app will never be active when you don't use it, so there is no phantom draining of your car battery

Find out some more information on our website here!
The app is available on the AppStore here

Don't hesitate to contact me for any further question or request about the app, I'm trying to answer quickly to all the messages I receive :)
I'm also happy to share a TestFlight link to users who may want to become beta testers or just try the app before buying, just send me a message!

Attachments

• EN_grand_1.png
    EN_grand_1.png
    617.3 KB · Views: 2,015
  • EN_grand_1bis2.png
    EN_grand_1bis2.png
    458.5 KB · Views: 226
  • EN_grand_1ter.png
    EN_grand_1ter.png
    437.2 KB · Views: 229
  • EN_grand_4.png
    EN_grand_4.png
    615.5 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
I just purchased your app and so far so good. Your guided setup instructions for both the iphone and watch are very well done! The app functions that I've tested on the Apple Watch work very well, but even after enabling Background App Refresh, it will not unlock the doors without launching the app on my watch and pressing the unlock button. How do I get this to work without intervention while Only using my Apple Watch?

Last edited:
Reactions: mySmartRemote
Thank you for your suggestion and for your feedback. We discussed in DM about the keyfob function, just let me know if you got it to work properly with the advice I gave you. Otherwise you have the possibility to send me a debug log so I can take a look!

Last edited:
"Bluetooth only mode is available on Apple Watch for users who do not want to share credentials with 3rd party apps"

Please, tell me more! :) I was always hesitant in using such apps because I don't want to give access to 3rd parties to my car from anywhere in the world. But this sounds like a game changer.

What functionality is available in Bluetooth only mode?

"Bluetooth only mode is available on Apple Watch for users who do not want to share credentials with 3rd party apps"

Please, tell me more! :) I was always hesitant in using such apps because I don't want to give access to 3rd parties to my car from anywhere in the world. But this sounds like a game changer.

What functionality is available in Bluetooth only mode?
Hi !

Using the Bluetooth only mode on the Apple Watch just acts like if you had a keyfob and even a little bit more : you’ll be able to unlock and drive the car, control the charging port and cable, frunk and trunk.
Unlatching the doors (like in the official app but works for all 4 doors) is also possible as well as triggering commands automatically on approach. To do this you just need to provide your VIN in the Apple Watch app, and nothing more.

On the other hand full functionalities included when you connect with your Tesla credentials include:
- Charge scheduling and monitoring on Apple Watch
- Vent/close windows
- Toggle A/C on and off
- Horn, flashing headlights, toggling sentry mode on and off using your watch

Don’t hesitate if you have additional questions or if you want to get a TestFlight link to test the app !

Reactions: KirillK
Can you pair to multiple vehicles without logging in?
Hi!

If you don’t log in with your Tesla credentials, you’ll be asked to enter the vehicle VIN on the Apple Watch so your device can detect your car and pair with it.

At the moment, you can configure only one VIN at a time for one given device, unless you delete then reinstall the app.
Support for multiple vehicles could be implemented in a future release, if you’re interested I can contact you when this functionality is implemented so you could beta test it before official release.

Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any additional questions !

Hi everyone,

I would like to let you know that I developed My Tesla Remote, an app for iPhone and Apple Watch to enhance the control of your vehicle.

The app is one of the cheapest of the available 3rd party apps ($1.99), as I'm an independent and non professional developer.

Here are the most remarkable features:
- You'll be able to connect to your car using Bluetooth to turn your Apple Watch into a fully independent key fob to open and drive your car even if you don't carry your phone with you (Bluetooth is compatible with most recent vehicles that are equipped with keycards)

- The app also includes the possibility to trigger functions automatically when you approach your car. For example the "Departure" function will automatically unlock the doors, unlatch front driver door and release the charging cable if necessary when you get nearby your car. The same kind of function is available to control the frunk and the trunk, so you can open them automatically in case you hands are full.

- Connecting with your personal Tesla credentials is not mandatory but remains recommended to get access to all the app functionalities. Bluetooth only mode is available on Apple Watch for users who do not want to share credentials with 3rd party apps

- The app will never be active when you don't use it, so there is no phantom draining of your car battery

The app is available on the AppStore here

Don't hesitate to contact me for any further question or request about the app, I'm trying to answer quickly to all the messages I receive :)
I'm also happy to share a TestFlight link to users who may want to become beta testers or just try the app before buying, just send me a message!
Sounds excellent. well done. Is your App compatible with iWatch Gen 5? Some others are only compatible with Gen 6 and later.

Hi! Loving the app so far but I have 2 questions:
1. Is it possible to use the app without logging into the Tesla account if I don’t have an Apple Watch? I don’t see an area to enter a VIN.
2. Can we make certain sequences of smart commands so we don’t have to select specific ones every time? Not sure if I am missing how to do this.

Hi! Loving the app so far but I have 2 questions:
1. Is it possible to use the app without logging into the Tesla account if I don’t have an Apple Watch? I don’t see an area to enter a VIN.
2. Can we make certain sequences of smart commands so we don’t have to select specific ones every time? Not sure if I am missing how to do this.
Hi!

1. At the moment Bluetooth only mode is only available on Apple Watch because I thought it would not have a big added value to do it on iPhone compared to the official Tesla app. However of course this could be done in a future update if you think it could be valuable

2. Ok if I understand well, you’d like to set a customised favorite sequence of commands you could trigger easily? I definitely consider to add this in a future update also.

Thank you very much for your feedback !

Yes, I thought that was how smart commands would work, didn’t realize I had to pick it each time. Easier to set a few sequence and deploy it when out and about, usually it’s the same few things. That’s probably on the top of my wishlist. It would also be nice if these custom sequences could be deployed through a widget too. The not logging in thing doesn’t bother me too much, but that does seem to be something people are looking for, so I think it would be valuable for app users only too.

Thanks for considering it for future updates! Looking forward to its continued development. Good luck!

Last edited:
Just tried it, and it seems to work ok. I am not sure of the optimal sequence for unlocking and driving away. Assuming I have just done the bluetooth pairing - do I need to launch the app on the phone, and then press unlock, or should the car recognize me automatically.

Entering the VIN is a bit of a pain. I used the phone option to act as a keyboard for the watch. Doing that, it wouldn't accept the vin via copy/paste which is a pity, as the tesla app will give you a copy option if you tap on the VIN. Entering characters and numbers on the watch is not ideal.

Just tried it, and it seems to work ok. I am not sure of the optimal sequence for unlocking and driving away. Assuming I have just done the bluetooth pairing - do I need to launch the app on the phone, and then press unlock, or should the car recognize me automatically.

Entering the VIN is a bit of a pain. I used the phone option to act as a keyboard for the watch. Doing that, it wouldn't accept the vin via copy/paste which is a pity, as the tesla app will give you a copy option if you tap on the VIN. Entering characters and numbers on the watch is not ideal.
Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback

When you paired your Watch in Bluetooth, you just need to ensure the app is active (visible on the screen) and the Watch can then act as a keyfob to unlock and drive the car. At the moment, Bluetooth communication in the background is not permitted by Apple on Apple Watch.

Regarding entering the VIN, yes I’m aware of this.
Using the iPhone as as keyboard seems to be definitely the best solution, even if copy/paste function is not available (once again this is a limitation from Apple, I can’t change it). I’ll try to see if I find a more convenient solution.

I’ll post an update soon hopefully with a few bug fixes, and add a tutorial for the keyfob function as well as for the quick commands on the main screen (the red buttons on the car image), which need a long press to be activated.

Best regards

Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback

When you paired your Watch in Bluetooth, you just need to ensure the app is active (visible on the screen) and the Watch can then act as a keyfob to unlock and drive the car. At the moment, Bluetooth communication in the background is not permitted by Apple on Apple Watch.

Regarding entering the VIN, yes I’m aware of this.
Using the iPhone as as keyboard seems to be definitely the best solution, even if copy/paste function is not available (once again this is a limitation from Apple, I can’t change it). I’ll try to see if I find a more convenient solution.

I’ll post an update soon hopefully with a few bug fixes, and add a tutorial for the keyfob function as well as for the quick commands on the main screen (the red buttons on the car image), which need a long press to be activated.

Best regards
Maybe an option to enter the vin on the phone, and have that then shared with the watch. The Phone app could also provide the instructions for setting up the watch (as that real-estate is small).

Anyway, great app to have as a spare key in case the phone is dead or not available - taken in for repair etc.

Maybe an option to enter the vin on the phone, and have that then shared with the watch. The Phone app could also provide the instructions for setting up the watch (as that real-estate is small).

Anyway, great app to have as a spare key in case the phone is dead or not available - taken in for repair etc.
Thank you very much !
I’ll consider this for future updates