Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor My Tesla Remote - A 3rd party remote that doesn't ask for your credentials

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, I see the app updated to 4.00 (4) (my phone)
I try to open apple watch app, then I see tesla smart remote is "installing", i guess the watch app is also updated to newest version.

Test on 31-12-2024 .

1. running the app, connected to the car when I near it. (connected blue icon up)
2. Pull handle (not able to open door)
3. Press for open trunk (because open trunk will not unlock the door)
4. once open trunk, car still in locked state (the mirror is folded)
5. I go pull handle again, door unlock.
6. I go inside press the brake, the system asks me input passcode (same as phone key) -> Drive is ready.
7. When I leave car, the car auto locked.

p.s. I didn't test if I manual unlock the door and go in, what I guess is
If pull handle -> door unlock -> the watch key works like phone key, all things just follow phone key rules.
If manual unlock door -> it just like using keycard to unlock door -> so it is needed to put the key near the centre console to start to drive.

Thanks again. Happy new year !! Happy 2024.

⚠️Important information for our users ⚠️
If you updated to the version 4.0 of the app you need to delete and reinstall the app in order to switch to the new Tesla official API.
This has to be done both on iPhone and Apple Watch
You also have to unpair Bluetooth connections
Upcoming version 4.1 will make the process a little bit easier.
Sorry for the inconvenience

I see the siri can set unlatch front driver door, front passenger door, or unlatch all doors!! that is great.

can it set as button? (Like lock and unlock) I like the one hold and unlock, much better than click and unlock.

Just tried this out...nice app!

Is there any way you can make the key fob feature via bluetooth work without having the app in the foreground? I also have the Watch for Tesla app for my Apple Watch and that's how it behaved (before the Tesla API changed and now it's no longer functional... )

I see the siri can set unlatch front driver door, front passenger door, or unlatch all doors!! that is great.

can it set as button? (Like lock and unlock) I like the one hold and unlock, much better than click and unlock.
Thank you for your comment
Unlatching doors individually is available in the simple commands stack.
Would you like one additional button that could unlatch all 4 doors with a click?

Just tried this out...nice app!

Is there any way you can make the key fob feature via bluetooth work without having the app in the foreground? I also have the Watch for Tesla app for my Apple Watch and that's how it behaved (before the Tesla API changed and now it's no longer functional... )
Thank you for your comment!
So far I did not find out how to do this, I'm not a professional developer but I'll keep trying to do this of course, even If I have been busy updating the app to support the new official API during the past few days...

I have it set up with my vin only to use Bluetooth. Walk up even with the app open did not automatically unlock the doors when I tried to open them as it does with the official Tesla app on my iPhone. I had to long press on the unlock button on the app to unlock the car. Anything I can try?

I have it set up with my vin only to use Bluetooth. Walk up even with the app open did not automatically unlock the doors when I tried to open them as it does with the official Tesla app on my iPhone. I had to long press on the unlock button on the app to unlock the car. Anything I can try?
Hi,
Can you do this procedure please.
Launch the app
Try to passively unlock the car (just pulling one door handle without carrying your phone or another key fob)
Then if it doesn't work, scroll all the way down to the "Contact" section of the watch app main menu.
You'll find a procedure to send me a debug log I'll try to look at

Another additional information, if you manually unlock the car, are you then able to drive using only the Apple Watch with the app running in the foreground?

Thank you!

Hi,
Can you do this procedure please.
Launch the app
Try to passively unlock the car (just pulling one door handle without carrying your phone or another key fob)
Then if it doesn't work, scroll all the way down to the "Contact" section of the watch app main menu.
You'll find a procedure to send me a debug log I'll try to look at

Another additional information, if you manually unlock the car, are you then able to drive using only the Apple Watch with the app running in the foreground?

Thank you!
Sent the log file...

Meantime I have a few questions:
  1. If I am using just Bluetooth mode to connect to my car when it is nearby, why do you need the VIN?
  2. Does the app use a cellular connection or any network data through a connected iPhone?
  3. The red notification dot at the top of my Apple Watch is now replaced with a tiny pulsing version of the "My Tesla Remote" app icon. What does this mean?
thanks!

Hi
Sorry for my late answers
If I am using just Bluetooth mode to connect to my car when it is nearby, why do you need the VIN?
VIN is necessary to search for the appropriate Bluetooth identifier, otherwise it would not be possible
Does the app use a cellular connection or any network data through a connected iPhone?
In bluetooth-only mode, no. Otherwise data is now sent to the official Tesla API
The red notification dot at the top of my Apple Watch is now replaced with a tiny pulsing version of the "My Tesla Remote" app icon. What does this mean?
Honestly I don't know, maybe that means that the app still has some kind of background activity for a short time after closing it but I'm unsure.

Regarding the key fob issue, I'll try to send you an invitation shortly for a new version of the app with some modifications in the key fob process, so you'll tell me if it works properly!

Hi
Sorry for my late answers

VIN is necessary to search for the appropriate Bluetooth identifier, otherwise it would not be possible

In bluetooth-only mode, no. Otherwise data is now sent to the official Tesla API

Honestly I don't know, maybe that means that the app still has some kind of background activity for a short time after closing it but I'm unsure.

Regarding the key fob issue, I'll try to send you an invitation shortly for a new version of the app with some modifications in the key fob process, so you'll tell me if it works properly!
I would like the idea of a key fob/phone key. I heard Watchla does it but I don’t own the app. I do keep my phone in my back pocket at times and my car can’t pickup my phone key. Since my watch is closer to the car, i’m hoping the app helps with phone key to unlock my car without having to open the app on my watch.

Hi everyone,

I'm running a very short survey to better understand your satisfaction and expectations around the app. If you want to participate, please use the link below. Thank you!
Don't hesitate to share around you if you know other users!