Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY - uneven tire wear. One rear tire wears faster than the other!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys -

We just finished the second season on our winter tires on MY LR. We did a straight rotation after the first season (LR to LF and RR to RF) and wear seemed fairly even. Though now after the second season one of the rear tires is significantly more worn. The difference is so bad that I will have to get two new tires for next season.

Is there an uneven power distribution or other reason why one tire would wear so much more? Alignment doesn't make sense as the wear seems evenly spread across the entire tire.

Any help to solve this mystery would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Attachments

• MY Rear Winter Tires.jpg
    MY Rear Winter Tires.jpg
    666.3 KB · Views: 92
Hi guys -

We just finished the second season on our winter tires on MY LR. We did a straight rotation after the first season (LR to LF and RR to RF) and wear seemed fairly even. Though now after the second season one of the rear tires is significantly more worn. The difference is so bad that I will have to get two new tires for next season.

Is there an uneven power distribution or other reason why one tire would wear so much more? Alignment doesn't make sense as the wear seems evenly spread across the entire tire.

Any help to solve this mystery would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!!
You might have a better shot at getting a good answer over in the Model Y forum. (this is the Model X forum)