Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY with 20" T sportline TST - Wobble issue

Jun 28, 2020
NC
I recently replaced the factory-installed 19" rims with 20" rims from T Sportline at Costco. Driving below 80mph is fine but after that, the steering wheel starts to wobble. Does anyone have any experience with this?

dale_cooper

Dec 5, 2018
Columbus, OH
I recently replaced the factory-installed 19" rims with 20" rims from T Sportline at Costco. Driving below 80mph is fine but after that, the steering wheel starts to wobble. Does anyone have any experience with this?

It's either a lug tightening issue - unlikely
or
Balance issue - you need to go to a shop that can do road force balance. My favorite is discount tire.

Reactions: Kelr316

raggedy

Apr 3, 2020
Peninsula CA
since you had it done at Costco, take it back and tell them the balance is off. ask them to rebalance again. explain it's happening at 80mph+ and maybe they'll pay extra attention to get the balance done correctly. I'd try that first before spending additional money elsewhere.

Metis

Jul 22, 2020
San Francisco
I'm looking to sell my brand new Tesla Model Y Performance Wheels. Any interest in buying these instead?
Model Y Performance Wheels.jpg

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC