Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My X is "idling" when parked (and locked), according to Teslafi . . .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And I am getting significant distance loss.

In the 15 hours since midnight last night, Teslafi shows 0 minutes of sleep, and 12 hours and 31 minutes of idling.

In that 12:31, I have lost 9.08 miles of range.

I am set to always on (for the app) and I am in the mode to "learn" pre-conditioning - since the car is new.

Will turning those off fix the vampire loss?

I am a little shocked . . .

That's not that much vampire loss to be honest although I'm sure some will disagree... You absolutely should turn off always on if you want/need to be mindful about vampire loss.

Jeff

I typically get 7.5 miles (12km) loss every 24 hours on my 2017 Model X, if that helps. I’d be pretty upset if I lost 18 miles per day!

Thank you both - I really don't need to be worried about it as I only drive about 25 miles on an average day. But it still seemed high to me given the recent videos posted around here showing only a few miles a day being lost.

The car is only about 10 days old - so it's all a bit new (and terrifying) to me.

Reactions: xspace
I have not checked my vampire loss since about 2017.34 I think it was. I should have specified that. Whatever it is, your MX is under warranty, it’ll get fixed, whether it’s a f/w or h/w problem.

I just went and turned off "Always Connected" and the Smart Preconditioning (which I kind of wanted to work) and will report back.

If you turn off "always connected" it my take you forever to connect via the phone app. I would leave that on and turn off SP. If it continues contact service. I had the same issue with my first X. If you plug in at night it should recharge.

If you turn off "always connected" it my take you forever to connect via the phone app. I would leave that on and turn off SP. If it continues contact service. I had the same issue with my first X. If you plug in at night it should recharge.

It absolutely does recharge. And I'm not to worried about connecting via the app. It was more of a nice to have than a must have - but I don't love the drain. Leaves me wondering if I could an overnight road trip away from home.

A couple days away from home would eat almost 50 miles of range alone.

It absolutely does recharge. And I'm not to worried about connecting via the app. It was more of a nice to have than a must have - but I don't love the drain. Leaves me wondering if I could an overnight road trip away from home.

A couple days away from home would eat almost 50 miles of range alone.

I would do what you did and if that doesn't help go to the service center. Did you pick up one of the inventory 75's last week?

Nice, did you go through Ava?

It appeared on Tesla.com.

BTW - Here's the Teslafi.com activity from yesterday, where it was plugged in all day and never moved.

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 5.18.14 PM.png

ETA: I signed up for Teslafi in the morning yesterday. I started with a 90% charge yesterday, and I adjusted to 80% (before signing up), so the car never charged despite being plugged in.