Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYAWD Specs & What batteryđź‘Ť?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently have av2023 MYLR. I ordered a MYAWD that’s scheduled to arrive in about 10 days.

It’s an Austin built car per VIN number.

What are the differences between the MYAWD and MYLR other that obvious 15% reduced published range.

What are battery specs?
Is it a LFP?
What are kWh specs 60 kWh?
Is the battery a 4680?
Is it a dual motor?

Thanks in advance for replying.

There are at least a dozen threads outlining these questions if you search MYAWD

i searched before posting and again just now. Couldn’t find the answers to my questions. Most reasches brought up one of my originating posts stating what I ordered.

Still unsure of the complete specs for a MYAWD and what differences I can expect from my MYLR.

I currently have av2023 MYLR. I ordered a MYAWD that’s scheduled to arrive in about 10 days.

What are the differences between the MYAWD and MYLR other that obvious 15% reduced published range.

What are battery specs?
Is it a LFP?
Is the battery a 4680?
Is it a dual motor?

Don't know exact kWh but it's 4680 and not LFP. An EV with AWD means it has to have at least dual motor for front and back wheels.

What are battery specs?
Is it a LFP?
Is the battery a 4680?
Is it a dual motor?

This is as far as I know. I also have MYAWD on order (OD 2/10, EDD unknown still)

What are battery specs? 4680, useable kWh is 67kWh

Is it a LFP? No

What are kWh specs? Useable 67 kWh

Is the battery a 4680? Yes

Is it a dual motor? Yes

I did a mileage calculation post comparing MYAWD and MYLR. For in-town driving (i.e. you’re doing 20~40 mi per day) range difference between MYAWD and MYLR does not matter.

For highway driving (i.e. long trips 200 to 409 mi or more), range difference between MYAWD and MYLR appears to be significant. BUT not by that much. An MYLR user will tell you they do on average 3.3mi/kWh on highway. MYAWD users will also tell you they do about 3.3mi/kWh on highway. The known useable battery on MYAWD is 67kWh (look it up on YouTube). Useable battery on MYLR is 75kWh.

At 100% charge, highway miles are 221mi for MYAWD and 248mi for MYLR

On the highway you are not gonna use up the battery from 0 to 100%, that’s not good for the battery life and also it’s not an efficient way to supercharge. The sweet spot for charging is between 20% to 90%. So if using 70% range of charging, that’s 155mi for MYAWD and 173mi for MYLR.

For practical miles on highway, you are only looking at 18 to 20 mi difference, not the 51mi difference on EPA estimate (279 vs 330). That’s an extra 10-15 min of charging in most instances if you are driving MYAWD.

Range should be compared with real world data and actual useable battery amount to really know what you are getting for your money. Hope this helped

Reactions: arbitrage000
This is as far as I know. I also have MYAWD on order (OD 2/10, EDD unknown still)

Is it a LFP? No

Is it a dual motor? Yes

I did a mileage calculation post comparing MYAWD and MYLR. For in-town driving (i.e. you’re doing 20~40 mi per day) range difference between MYAWD and MYLR does not matter.

For highway driving (i.e. long trips 200 to 409 mi or more), range difference between MYAWD and MYLR appears to be significant. BUT not by that much. An MYLR user will tell you they do on average 3.3mi/kWh on highway. MYAWD users will also tell you they do about 3.3mi/kWh on highway. The known useable battery on MYAWD is 67kWh (look it up on YouTube). Useable battery on MYLR is 75kWh.

On the highway you are not gonna use up the battery from 0 to 100%, that’s not good for the battery life and also it’s not an efficient way to supercharge. The sweet spot for charging is between 20% to 90%. So if using 70% range of charging, that’s 155mi for MYAWD and 173mi for MYLR.

For practical miles on highway, you are only looking at 18 to 20 mi difference, not the 51mi difference on EPA estimate (279 vs 330). That’s an extra 10-15 min of charging in most instances if you are driving MYAWD.

Range should be compared with real world data and actual useable battery amount to really know what you are getting for your money. Hope this helped

What are battery specs?
Is it a LFP?
Is the battery a 4680?
Is it a dual motor?

What was your OD? Did you get delivery date?

Is it a LFP? No

Is it a dual motor? Yes

Thanks for the reply. Coming from a Nissan Leaf with a 60 kWh battery I should be able to manage our AWD. Our MYLR with 20” wheels at 80% charge is an improvement over the Leaf in range. It does very well for us. Having 8 kWh less capacity with the AWD compared to our LR and similar to our previous Leaf should be fine.

We routinely do a 125 mile trip between home and cabin and with the z leaf it logged 3.3-3.5 kw/mile. With the MYLR starting at 80% we arrive with 35% remaining so extrapolating it out we “burn” 40 kw. The Leaf “burned” 3.5 kw/mile on that trip.
What was your OD? Did you get delivery date?
Ordered 2/10/23 existing inventory arriving soon. have a VIN. day after I ordered it the sales rep sales rep said the VIN is in pre-production. as of today the Current EDD is 2/23-3/18. Sales rep told me it’s built and on the way and it should arrive “at the end of the month”. Not sure that correct though.

Reactions: dion009
Thanks for the reply. Coming from a Nissan Leaf with a 60 kWh battery I should be able to manage our AWD. Our MYLR with 20” wheels at 80% charge is an improvement over the Leaf in range. It does very well for us. Having 8 kWh less capacity with the AWD compared to our LR and similar to our previous Leaf should be fine.

We routinely do a 125 mile trip between home and cabin and with the z leaf it logged 3.3-3.5 kw/mile. With the MYLR starting at 80% we arrive with 35% remaining so extrapolating it out we “burn” 40 kw. The Leaf “burned” 3.5 kw/mile on that trip.

Ordered 2/10/23 existing inventory arriving soon. have a VIN. day after I ordered it the sales rep sales rep said the VIN is in pre-production. as of today the Current EDD is 2/23-3/18. Sales rep told me it’s built and on the way and it should arrive “at the end of the month”. Not sure that correct though.
Thats a good news. My OD was 2/10 as well, hope it arrives soon. Sorry I used the wrong capacity for MYLR. It looks like useable battery capacity on current MYLRs is about 78kWh, not 75. That bumps up the mile range difference to about 30 to 35mi between MYAWD and MYLR.

Thats a good news. My OD was 2/10 as well, hope it arrives soon. Sorry I used the wrong capacity for MYLR. It looks like useable battery capacity on current MYLRs is about 78kWh, not 75. That bumps up the mile range difference to about 30 to 35mi between MYAWD and MYLR.
Strange changes today.

First earlier this evening there was a disclaimer letting me know there would be no USS sensors and a click to proceed with order button. Until I clicked that button I could not see the VIN or the EDD. Then thevEDD date populated ar 2/23-3/18.

Then after midnight the EDD the EDD changed to 3/2-3-/25. Still a moving target.

My wife is loosing patience. If it goes beyond a date where full $7,500 tax credit could be available we will likely cancel the order.

What is strange was the sales rep said it was built and should arrive before the end of the month. When I called Tesla customer service today they said the only thing they can see is the same that I see, an EDD of 2/23-3/18.

Reactions: dion009