Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR First 2 Week Thoughts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my MYLR on June 15th. Here are my thoughts after the first two weeks. This is including a 270 mile road trip coming back home from the dealership. These are mainly minor software changes or things I wish were added.
  • I don’t like how the navigation voice says “turn now” because it’s confusing if there is a parking lot before the street it wants me to turn on. It would be nice to have it similar to the Google Maps navigation voice where it’s says “turn at the stoplight” or “turn at the stop sign”.
  • I have heard this is something that the car does but at random times the wipers (which are on auto) turn on. It’s not a hinderance or anything but it’s just something I have noticed.
  • A feature that would be nice is to have custom reminders for time to wash the car or clean the seats. I know I can just put this on my calendar or reminders app on my phone but I thought it would be a cool feature if the car reminded you.
  • On FSD, curve turning on a single lane road is kind of scary or too uncomfortable for me. I feel like the car goes a little bit too close to the right side edge of the road and I feel like it goes a little bit too fast for me.
  • The cameras for parking are a little too sensitive. It also can’t distinguish between a low tree branch or something actually blocking the road, especially on auto-park.
  • I wish you could change the opacity of the glass roof similar to meeting rooms in an office. That way you could make it transparent or opaque depending on if you want to see outside or not.
  • Sometimes the transition from FSD to regular driving is not as smooth. This could also just be me taking the time to learn how to do that transition more smoothly.
  • I wish the FSD setting where you can reduce lane changes saves to your profile that way I don’t have to change it every time I use FSD.
  • I do love the fact that on FSD on a highway if you are in the left most lane and someone comes up behind you super fast then the car moves to the middle lane to let the person behind pass you. Then the car moves back to the left lane after they pass. That is such a cool little feature that I haven’t seen anyone talk about.
Anyone have any thoughts or questions??

Last edited:
I got my MYLR on June 15th. Here are my thoughts after the first two weeks. This is including a 270 mile road trip coming back home from the dealership. These are mainly minor software changes or things I wish were added.
  • I don’t like how the navigation voice says “turn now” because it’s confusing if there is a parking lot before the street it wants me to turn on. It would be nice to have it similar to the Google Maps navigation voice where it’s says “turn at the stoplight” or “turn at the stop sign”.
  • I have heard this is something that the car does but at random times the wipers (which are on auto) turn on. It’s not a hinderance or anything but it’s just something I have noticed.
  • A feature that would be nice is to have custom reminders for time to wash the car or clean the seats. I know I can just put this on my calendar or reminders app on my phone but I thought it would be a cool feature if the car reminded you.
  • On FSD, curve turning on a single lane road is kind of scary or too uncomfortable for me. I feel like the car goes a little bit too close to the right side edge of the road and I feel like it goes a little bit too fast for me.
  • The cameras for parking are a little too sensitive. It also can’t distinguish between a low tree branch or something actually blocking the road, especially on auto-park.
  • I wish you could change the opacity of the glass roof similar to meeting rooms in an office. That way you could make it transparent or opaque depending on if you want to see outside or not.
  • Sometimes the transition from FSD to regular driving is not as smooth. This could also just be me taking the time to learn how to do that transition more smoothly.
  • I wish the FSD setting where you can reduce lane changes saves to your profile that way I don’t have to change it every time I use FSD.
  • I do love the fact that on FSD on a highway if you are in the left most lane and someone comes up behind you super fast then the car moves to the middle lane to let the person behind pass you. Then the car moves back to the left lane after they pass. That is such a cool little feature that I haven’t seen anyone talk about.
Anyone have any thoughts or questions??
Congrats on the new car! Sounds like most of your issues are with FSD. Did you buy it or are you just on the free trial?