Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP 21' Michelin Pilot AS4 Sizing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you know for certain that these will rub? 10.4 inch tire width for the 265/40 versus 10.0 inch tire width for OE 255/35 front tires.

Tire Size Comparison

Yes, there were a few threads about people with this exact tire installed. It's only a slight rub when parking, but even then you're going so slowly that there's no wear/tear on it and just a slight smudge on the plastic of the wheel well on the fronts.

Yes, there were a few threads about people with this exact tire installed. It's only a slight rub when parking, but even then you're going so slowly that there's no wear/tear on it and just a slight smudge on the plastic of the wheel well on the fronts.

You do you, but I don’t think that kind of rubbing is acceptable for a tire fitment. An occasional rub on strut compression is one thing, but rubbing your fenders in parking lots isn’t great.

Another data point here--the rep at my local tire shop called Michelin directly about the Tesla-specific fitment. Michelin confirmed they are in production, but with no ETA for release.

I think I'll do the 265/35 and 275/35 setup, and replace with the T0 tires as they wear out.

*Edit: FYI, Tire Rack is now showing as backordered to December for the 275/35 non-Tesla fitment. If you need to get these tires for the winter it would be a good idea to lock down a set now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Young Phenom
Another data point here--the rep at my local tire shop called Michelin directly about the Tesla-specific fitment. Michelin confirmed they are in production, but with no ETA for release.

I think I'll do the 265/35 and 275/35 setup, and replace with the T0 tires as they wear out.

*Edit: FYI, Tire Rack is now showing as backordered to December for the 275/35 non-Tesla fitment. If you need to get these tires for the winter it would be a good idea to lock down a set now.
I was worried this would happen. Thank god I bought these a few weeks back.

Anyone have experience running the non TO Michelins All Seasons on the MYP.. Without the additional acoustic foam? Is it much noisier?

I have a couple hundred miles on this setup now. The noise is much less intrusive. I couldn't tell you whether the absolute dB level is lower than the Pirellis, but the Pirellis have an unpleasant roar/boominess. The Michelins basically sound like white noise. The ride quality is also far more supple than the Pirellis.

I have a couple hundred miles on this setup now. The noise is much less intrusive. I couldn't tell you whether the absolute dB level is lower than the Pirellis, but the Pirellis have an unpleasant roar/boominess. The Michelins basically sound like white noise. The ride quality is also far more supple than the Pirellis.
I couldn’t wait for the OEM T0 tires and just went ahead and purchased the 265 & 275 from discount tire direct. Got 10% off and 25% off road hazard.