Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I jumped ship from USAA to Costco Connect for Auto. Saved over $700 every 6 months (3 cars, 2 Tesla + a Lexus and the 6 month rate was $890).
Same, but from USAA to Progressive. USAA was charging $1200ish every 6 months for our MYP and 2017 Sienna, while Progressive quoted $638 with virtually identical coverages (basically everything maxed out - better safe than sorry). It's a bummer to leave USAA after 20 years, but that was way too large of a gap to remain with them.

Same, but from USAA to Progressive. USAA was charging $1200ish every 6 months for our MYP and 2017 Sienna, while Progressive quoted $638 with virtually identical coverages (basically everything maxed out - better safe than sorry). It's a bummer to leave USAA after 20 years, but that was way too large of a gap to remain with them.
Sometimes usaa is trying to de risk in high cost markets. They were wanting to reduce exposure in Florida this out home owners was 3x other reputable ins. Coverage.

Price it and shop. Economics still matter no matter how good any company is.

I agree 100%. I did not mention (but feel it's relevant) that my USAA Auto rate was with $1000 deductibles across the board (3 cars) and included multi-policy discount. Even with those I was at $1700 for 6 mo.

New CostCo Connect policy has $100 Comp and $250 Collision deductible without a multi-policy discount and was STILL only $888 for 6 months. Amazing.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
I agree 100%. I did not mention (but feel it's relevant) that my USAA Auto rate was with $1000 deductibles across the board (3 cars) and included multi-policy discount. Even with those I was at $1700 for 6 mo.

New CostCo Connect policy has $100 Comp and $250 Collision deductible without a multi-policy discount and was STILL only $888 for 6 months. Amazing.
Wow. I swore USAA gave me a pretty good quote for my MYP and wifes 2017 Rogue. Gonna have to go check that again before the car arrives and consider shopping around!