Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mysterious screw

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just found this screw with washer inside my trunk.
Is anyone familiar with this?
It's like looking for a needle in a haystack...
S1.jpg
S2.jpg

Just found this screw with washer inside my trunk.
Is anyone familiar with this?
It's like looking for a needle in a haystack...
View attachment 802860View attachment 802861
Hex with a big washer? Looks like it holds the fabric liner on the bottom of the car, or maybe in the wheel wells. No, not the wheel wells, those use push pins. But since you found it in the trunk, I would look around the trunk for similar, first, before looking under the car.

License plate attachment hardware?
Nope, the license plate screw doesn't come with washer, at least in Taiwan.

Looks like the screw that retains the plastic aero cover on the rear lower control arm, but surely that type of screw is used in many other places too.
Thanks man, I'll try to look it up when I rotate my tires.

Would be my guess. Considering OP is new and probably just took delivery. What's the plastic packaging at the top of the picture? Could they possibly have fallen out of some packaging.
The packaging is my personal stuff lol, but thanks anyway man.

Hex with a big washer? Looks like it holds the fabric liner on the bottom of the car, or maybe in the wheel wells. No, not the wheel wells, those use push pins. But since you found it in the trunk, I would look around the trunk for similar, first, before looking under the car.
I've thinking about the underliner too, will update if it is from the underliner.
Thanks!

Looks like a "pop rivet".
It is used to join plastic to plastic so look around for a hole where plastic attaches to other plastic in the trunk.
When changing the cabin air filter, they are needed to be popped out.

Maybe not, your pictures had threads on it.