Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mystery sound when parked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I tried searching the threads but couldn't find anything on this. I was wondering if anyone can help identify a sound that started happening a few weeks ago. It's not a sound listed on Tesla's website. I hear it near the front bumper and it almost sounds like a servo motor opening or closing something. It only happens after parking and keeps going for a several minutes. I'm not sure if it's due to the cold weather now but I'd just like to know if it's something to be concerned about. Thanks!

Attachments

• sound.zip
    144.8 KB · Views: 43
Maybe it's just me but I'm not hearing anything from that file.

All the time the car is awake it will constantly run the coolant pumps. When you get out of the car it will stay awake for at least a few minutes, up to an hour or two. Maybe that's what you hear? The pump speed might vary depending on what the car is doing, but they run constantly.

Maybe it's just me but I'm not hearing anything from that file.

All the time the car is awake it will constantly run the coolant pumps. When you get out of the car it will stay awake for at least a few minutes, up to an hour or two. Maybe that's what you hear? The pump speed might vary depending on what the car is doing, but they run constantly.
The sound happens around 4 sec and then again at 13 sec.

I haven't had to do a service request yet, but I'll try that. Thanks

Reactions: GtiMart