Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

n00b navigation question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the navigation system is really crap at other charge networks, so if there isn't clearly a supercharger in a convenient position. Check up yourself on the availability of the public charge network. My wife's really bad at this and on many occasions she's been directed to drive 40 miles in the wrong direction because it's the only way you can make it to your destination if you're ONLY using superchargers. I often have to interject the "why is it sending me this way" phone calls and use the tesla app to send the car directions to one of the many available charge points that are actually in the right direction.

Another vote for overthinking it, It'll figure out what you need, you make a judgement based on your driving style. You drive to fast and it tells you you need to slow down to make the supercharger, you drive slow it'll either ignore the stop or start pre-heating the battery for a faster charge. Drive how you want to drive and keep an eye on the energy just like you would a petrol gauge.