Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

N2itive Lowering Links for Refreshed LR/Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All the N2itive lowering links are sold out and they will have more in mid November 😕. I just ordered mine. Are you guys getting an alignment after lowering the car?
The question about alignment hasn't been answered in this thread yet. For those of you that are lowered with these links, are you getting an alignment done? If so, in which suspension height setting within the UI are you setting yours at when the alignment is being done?

Just an FYI, I'll most likely be driving in the Low setting, but my wife will have hers set to medium with her profile. I'll be driving more often than her so i'm assuming I should do the alignment in the low setting, correct?

Reactions: Derrickd5
Just installed my links over the weekend. Very impressed with the workmanship and adjustability of the N2itive links. I've installed links on an Audi before but these are by far superior. I set my at 4mm font and 7mm rear, which is a bit less aggressive than some others.

With regards to alignment, yes theoretically you should have a new alignment. The issue, as I understand it, is that camber is not adjustable. Therefore toe would be the only adjustment to be made. I will likely have the alignment checked just to make sure toe is near spec to avoid excessive tire wear.

Image below is at low setting with 10mm spacers.
33C43B97-57D5-46AE-A87C-0C246AF9D8FF.jpeg

Just installed the N2itive lowering links for the Plaid last week. Very high quality product. Installation is very straightforward. Fronts can be installed without wheel removal. Rears you can either remove the wheels OR put it on a lift and take off the undercover. Try to install them with the measurements facing outwards so they are easier to adjust later. You can feel more bumps in the road due to decreased suspension travel, but still feels very comfortable, and you can always raise the height setting to get more of a stock feel.

Here are some measurements for those who are looking to lower. The measurements are in inches from ground to highest point of wheel arch, and I took the average from both sides (as there is slight variance between the two sides when you change the suspension settings).

STOCK................Front....................Rear
Low....................28.5938"............28.4938"
Medium............+0.5000"...........+0.4750"
High...................+0.7813"...........+1.000"
Very High.........+0.3125"...........+0.0938"
(From lowest to highest setting front raises by +1.5625", rear raises by +1.5688")

LOWERED - setting at +6 mm on lowering links at all 4 corners
Low....................27.8750".............27.9375"
Medium...........+0.5000"............+0.3438"
High..................+0.7188"............+0.7813"
Very High........+0.6525"............+0.3125"
(From lowest to highest setting front raises by +1.8713", rear raises by +1.4375")

DIFFERENCE FROM STOCK TO LOWERED - same +6 mm setting
Low.................-0.7188"............-0.5563"
Medium..........-0.7188".............-0.6875"
High.................-0.7813"..............-0.9063"
Very High.......-0.4413" .............-0.6875"

So as you can see from the measurements, setting the lowering links to +6 mm lowers the car around 0.7" (18 mm) in the front and around 0.6" (14 mm) in the rear. This is slightly less than N2itive's website description, which stated that every +1 mm on the lowering link lowers the car around 5 mm. My measurements also seem consistent with @vic55 where he went to +8 front and +10 rear to get to 1 inch drop. The rear does seem to lower less than the front, so if you want an even wheel gap look, set the rear links a couple mm more than the fronts.

And now the photos:
View attachment 719314

View attachment 719315

View attachment 719316

I'll also add some before/after comparison photos when I get home.
Great information!

Reactions: WiLz
Just curious if any of you with lowered cars also have this vibration, or are you all 100% vibration free?

@WilliamG

Reactions: WilliamG
Just curious if any of you with lowered cars also have this vibration, or are you all 100% vibration free?

@WilliamG
I haven’t noticed the vibration, before or after lowering. For what it’s worth, the old shudder was temperature dependent and my Raven only had it when cold, and I’ve only had my plaid in really cold temps so far, so it’s possible the new shudder/vibration happens mostly in warmer conditions. But so far so good at any height.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Just installed the N2itive lowering links for the Plaid last week. Very high quality product. Installation is very straightforward. Fronts can be installed without wheel removal. Rears you can either remove the wheels OR put it on a lift and take off the undercover. Try to install them with the measurements facing outwards so they are easier to adjust later. You can feel more bumps in the road due to decreased suspension travel, but still feels very comfortable, and you can always raise the height setting to get more of a stock feel.

Here are some measurements for those who are looking to lower. The measurements are in inches from ground to highest point of wheel arch, and I took the average from both sides (as there is slight variance between the two sides when you change the suspension settings).

STOCK................Front....................Rear
Low....................28.5938"............28.4938"
Medium............+0.5000"...........+0.4750"
High...................+0.7813"...........+1.000"
Very High.........+0.3125"...........+0.0938"
(From lowest to highest setting front raises by +1.5625", rear raises by +1.5688")

LOWERED - setting at +6 mm on lowering links at all 4 corners
Low....................27.8750".............27.9375"
Medium...........+0.5000"............+0.3438"
High..................+0.7188"............+0.7813"
Very High........+0.6525"............+0.3125"
(From lowest to highest setting front raises by +1.8713", rear raises by +1.4375")

DIFFERENCE FROM STOCK TO LOWERED - same +6 mm setting
Low.................-0.7188"............-0.5563"
Medium..........-0.7188".............-0.6875"
High.................-0.7813"..............-0.9063"
Very High.......-0.4413" .............-0.6875"

So as you can see from the measurements, setting the lowering links to +6 mm lowers the car around 0.7" (18 mm) in the front and around 0.6" (14 mm) in the rear. This is slightly less than N2itive's website description, which stated that every +1 mm on the lowering link lowers the car around 5 mm. My measurements also seem consistent with @vic55 where he went to +8 front and +10 rear to get to 1 inch drop. The rear does seem to lower less than the front, so if you want an even wheel gap look, set the rear links a couple mm more than the fronts.

And now the photos:
View attachment 719314

View attachment 719315

View attachment 719316

I'll also add some before/after comparison photos when I get home.
Anyone else take detailed measurements like this? Trying to figure out was the variance is, or actual measurements of, the stock heights. Thank you!

Not on setting 6 or lower. If you do go higher, the fix is to launch in the media I’m setting. Tried it and confirmed.

My Plaid no longer finalizes "Cheetah stance" with the N2uitive links set at 7 up front and 8 in the rear. I'm running 4S tires 285/30/21 square. The car still launches just fine and performance seems unaffected but you don't get the satisfaction of that "ready" indicator in the dash.

My Plaid no longer finalizes "Cheetah stance" with the N2uitive links set at 7 up front and 8 in the rear. I'm running 4S tires 285/30/21 square. The car still launches just fine and performance seems unaffected but you don't get the satisfaction of that "ready" indicator in the dash.
Set height to medium, then initiate launch. Cheetah lowers full, then.

I’m about to install these tomorrow, alongside my wheel set (265/30/21 & 315/30/21).

Ideally, I’d like the “medium” suspension setting to be the current stock “low” setting and the post endlink install “low” setting, to be lower than the current low.

What measurement settings front and back do you guys recommend to achieve the above goal?

Last edited:
Reactions: mr_dennis_s
I’m about to install these tomorrow, alongside my wheel set (265/30/21 & 315/30/21).

Ideally, I’d like the “medium” suspension setting to be the current stock “low” setting and the post endlink install “low” setting, to be lower than the current low.

What measurement setting do you guys recommend to achieve the above goal?
-4 F, -4.25 R

Reactions: SIXF80
Is this only worth doing on 21" wheels or is it still worth it for 19"s? I don't like the big wheel gap... I am also trying to figure out whether I need to upgrade my wheels from stock 19 to 21 for the best look?

Is this only worth doing on 21" wheels or is it still worth it for 19"s? I don't like the big wheel gap... I am also trying to figure out whether I need to upgrade my wheels from stock 19 to 21 for the best look?
absolutely worth it for 19's. The rolling diameter is the same, so the gap is the same. Do 21's look better than 19's? Absolutely. Going aftermarket will allow you to correct the offset as well.

Reactions: jebinc and BBB4000