Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

N2itive Lowering Links. What is everyone setting their links at?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have Blox links, which don't have that same measurement scale - but when i measure the car's height from ground to top-of-fender, I'm at 27.75" front and back.

I don't know what that translates to in N2itive measurements, but IMO that's the ideal height for a daily driver. Any higher has too much fender gap visually, and while you can still go lower and be okay, you'll start smacking speed bumps.

Reactions: drunkenbuda
Here a couple of pictures lower -6 all around

Attachments

• 90E4D1C7-1B66-46EB-A371-CA281795FBAF.jpeg
    90E4D1C7-1B66-46EB-A371-CA281795FBAF.jpeg
    460.5 KB · Views: 592
  • 3C7DDD73-D3C1-4D64-93A4-129489F80974.jpeg
    3C7DDD73-D3C1-4D64-93A4-129489F80974.jpeg
    816.8 KB · Views: 437
  • Informative
Reactions: Klyde99
is -6 the minimum lowering required to prevent/mitigate the half-shaft vibration issue? I have my N2ITIVE links NIB sitting at home pending install mainly because I hate messing with suspensions or lowering vehicles and the BS that usually follows with warranty issues from most manufacturers/dealers.

is -6 the minimum lowering required to prevent/mitigate the half-shaft vibration issue? I have my N2ITIVE links NIB sitting at home pending install mainly because I hate messing with suspensions or lowering vehicles and the BS that usually follows with warranty issues from most manufacturers/dealers.
I waited for a whole month after I received my Links. One day I said screw this...I can't wait anymore! Lowered it to -6 and all is great! Now I want to go even lower 😁

-5 is the initial setting that is recommended by N2itive to help decrease/eliminate the half shaft alignment and vibtation issue. I am running -5 front and -6 rear (21” wheels) as this is a daily driver. N2itives adjustable camber arms were installed to maintain reasonable camber setting upon lowering.

Each negative (longer) mm of adjustment on the link will yield approx a 5.6mm lower drop. -5 relates to a 28mm drop (a little over an inch from factory).

The smaller the diameter of wheel the more negative setting you will need to minimize the fender gaps.

Attachments

• 6FCC4107-14A6-477A-A91C-04A231BF495D.jpeg
    6FCC4107-14A6-477A-A91C-04A231BF495D.jpeg
    859.2 KB · Views: 469
Last edited:
Appreciate the great info Awiner. Any particular reason you went -6 on the rear vs -5 all around? I'm on the 21" wheels currently, but will be moving to 20x10" Signature Wheels front and rear as soon as they deliver them to me. At a minimum, I may mirror your settings, but curious why the different front and rear numbers. I also bought N2itive's adjustable camber arms to address the inner tire wear issue and will be getting both the camber arms and lowering links installed once I find a competent shop near me that can do the work and the alignment afterwards.

Appreciate the great info Awiner. Any particular reason you went -6 on the rear vs -5 all around? I'm on the 21" wheels currently, but will be moving to 20x10" Signature Wheels front and rear as soon as they deliver them to me. At a minimum, I may mirror your settings, but curious why the different front and rear numbers. I also bought N2itive's adjustable camber arms to address the inner tire wear issue and will be getting both the camber arms and lowering links installed once I find a competent shop near me that can do the work and the alignment afterwards.
From factory the rear is raked a little higher. Bumping another mm of adjustment in the rear allowed me to even the rake out front to back.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
-5 is the initial setting that is recommended by N2itive to help decrease/eliminate the half shaft alignment and vibtation issue. I am running -5 front and -6 rear (21” wheels) as this is a daily driver. N2itives adjustable camber arms were installed to maintain reasonable camber setting upon lowering.

Each negative (longer) mm of adjustment on the link will yield approx a 5.6mm lower drop. -5 relates to a 28mm drop (a little over an inch from factory).

The smaller the diameter of wheel the more negative setting you will need to minimize the fender gaps.
On 21's, yours look lower than mine. Great looking car!

On 21's, yours look lower than mine. Great looking car!
Thank You. Another angle where you can see the wheel gaps better. This amount of drop allows for daily driving ease. Need to enter steep driveways at an angle and sometime raise the suspension but no issues with speed bumps, etc.

Attachments

• AC9DA8C3-C9A2-4D0E-A16A-8EE97FCE9248.jpeg
    AC9DA8C3-C9A2-4D0E-A16A-8EE97FCE9248.jpeg
    906.8 KB · Views: 452
Thank You. Another angle where you can see the wheel gaps better. This amount of drop allows for daily driving ease. Need to enter steep driveways at an angle and sometime raise the suspension but no issues with speed bumps, etc.
Getting the links installed soon and could use some advice. May you please let me know the ground-to-fender measurement of the front and rear with your settings?

Thanks for sharing your insight and photos. I went the same route with n2itive links, -5 for the front and -6 for the rear. I love how it looks.

Attachments

• IMG_7373.jpeg
    IMG_7373.jpeg
    758.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_7372.jpeg
    IMG_7372.jpeg
    625.1 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: Awiner