Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nail in tire can these pzeros be saved?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1129.jpeg

I think i have to buy a new tire 😢only 3k miles on this rear pzero from a 2023 performance 3

What is the going rate for a replacement?

View attachment 940803
I think i have to buy a new tire 😢only 3k miles on this rear pzero from a 2023 performance 3

What is the going rate for a replacement?
Looks like a screw at the end part of the tire.. where do you live?
If you go to a big franchise tire store; They will sell you a New tire..
But If you go to a small independent tire repair shop, I’m sure they can fix it..

Reactions: MitchMitch
Looks like a screw at the end part of the tire.. where do you live?
If you go to a big franchise tire store; They will sell you a New tire..
But If you go to a small independent tire repair shop, I’m sure they can fix it..
I live by albany NY
Is that safe to drive on with a plug that far on the end?
I knew i should of got a set of performance tires rims on craigslist 1500

Reactions: Msicario
Is the tire slowly leaking air? The angle of the photo isn't great but if the screw is on the edge of the outside treadblock most tire shops will not repair. You should still get it checked in the case the screw hasn't punctured the tire.
About 4 hours to go from 42psi to 19

I just got it replaced at tesla 500 with tax
No other stores had these tires in stock

You made the right choice. Trying to save a few hundred dollars to possibly have a tire issue at 70 MPH is not worth it.
It never ceases to amaze me how many people will play russian roulette with their safety when it comes to tires. This one is on the treadblock at least but I have seen people post photos of screws in the sidewall asking for advice and the amount of people that suggest plugging is fine is pretty discouraging as bad advice like that can get people hurt or injured.

Reactions: pkmody
It never ceases to amaze me how many people will play russian roulette with their safety when it comes to tires. This one is on the treadblock at least but I have seen people post photos of screws in the sidewall asking for advice and the amount of people that suggest plugging is fine is pretty discouraging as bad advice like that can get people hurt or injured.
Most reputable places won't patch when it's still in the tread block but close to the sidewall. I know they want to sell a tire also, but they also don't want to get sued for patching something that could fail.

This same thing happened to me. I had Tesla come to my location (2 hours later) and they replaced the tire where I was stranded. I called Discount and they had the same tire for $20 cheaper. I would gladly pay $20 more for Tesla to come to me and replace it.

Reactions: pkmody

You made the right choice. Now it's time to do some research for the future. Discount Tire has other names in other parts of the country, and I know that Costco also can do Tesla tires. See if there is a local or regional Tesla Owners Club and ask who they recommend. By going to a tire store, you can not only get better prices, but also a road hazard warranty that Tesla doesn't offer, and in many cases free rotations. The only thing you might need Tesla for is an alignment.

Reactions: Travis64