Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nasty noise on hard acceleration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla said it isn't dangerous? To whom? They only told me that verbally and when I asked them to put that in writing they refused and instead decided to replace the cv shafts (which was the 4th time). They weren't going to and just told me to live with until they came up with a permanent solution but then told me to come in when I insisted that they put in writing that the violate shaking wouldn't cause metal fatigue and catastrophic component failure as a result.

23K miles later and the shaking hasn't returned :)

Yeah I thought I might come unstuck with my poor quote statement - I think I was half-quoting what I read you said!:) Catastrophic component failure is what I would be worried about for sure. Surprised Teslia are not worried about it - oh and other suspension failures that in my short Tesla owner I have become aware of.

I have a 15 Porsche Macan. Pretty much all early ones developed transfer box vibration/knocking issues. Porsche swapped them all out for new improved units. That, Mr Tesla, is how we expect it should be done. Just man up and do the decent thing. All these fob offs do not do you any favours.