Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

National Drive Electric Events Sept 14 - 22, 2019

Nocturnal

Supporting Member
Aug 23, 2018
Deepening Crisis!
I did one of my local events. It wasn't advertised very well at all unfortunately, at least judging by attendance. 20 or so cars there, and I only talked to a handful of people. Still had fun shooting the breeze with other EV folks.

Reactions: SMAlset

Nocturnal

Supporting Member
Aug 23, 2018
Deepening Crisis!
I am going to the event in Blacksburg, VA with my wife this weekend. I am hoping that getting her inside a Tesla will push her over the edge. It's the next best thing to driving one, but our closest Tesla store is almost 3 hours away!
Get somebody to give you a ride, preferably a 3 performance. ;)

Sandiegodoug

Apr 25, 2017
SAN Diego
Funny, I’ve done hundreds of drives at these events and only 1 used my code. I was told employees at the centers put their friends codes in, get and sell the wheels and split the profits
I enjoy working the events, so free stuff not really that important. I give my code in the hope that will entice them to buy electric vs another gasoline car.

CharleyBC

Jun 28, 2019
Talent, OR
A couple of photos from the Mammoth Lakes event. I gave 10 or 11 rides.
4540E95A-D8FF-45D3-B081-483286FE5C62.jpeg
CF8EC758-E992-4C8A-B5F4-CA9F8B204E1F.jpeg

Reactions: SMAlset

SMAlset

Mar 4, 2017
SF Bay Area
We went to the Cupertino SF Bay area event and got there later in the afternoon maybe around 1-2pm. Definitely not as well attended as when we showed our car there back in 2017. I did put up fliers ahead of time in my town for some exposure hoping to help out. I think though with so many people in the Bay area driving EVs or having friends or co-workers owning EVs, EV popularity has reduced attendance but I look at that as success in many ways. Was hoping to hear from others who attended different locations in the Bay area.

Spent a few hours there until closing. Glad we went and enjoyed meeting some of the owners who were displaying. There were two Roadsters (one guy decided to bring his at the last minute) and I always enjoy looking at those. Did spend a little time talking to an I-Pace owner and checking out his car. First one I had seen in person.

Last edited:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC