Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

National Plug-In Day is October 16 in the U.S. Please join us!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fabio was there to ride his electric motorcycle that he bought after doing the Plug in America PSAs. There was also a "loaner Tesla" in glacier blue there for him to drive at the front.

LA turnout:

90 Leafs
19 Volts
17 RAVs
7 Teslas
4 Porsches
3 Mini Es
2 Coda
2 Wheego
8 motorcycles (Brammo, Zero, Vectrix)
1 Fisker
2 E box
1 Smith truck
1 Ranger
1 pickup conversion
1 MR2 Spyder
1 plug in Prius
2 Smart ED
1 S10
1 Phoenix
1 iMiEV
Converted Hummer on its way to Antartica
Balquon Bus
Coca Cola’s E Star (Navistar)
Big hauling truck

Who can tell me which is the nosiest one of all?

Last edited:
Who can tell me which is the nosiest one of all?

Nosiest or Noisiest?
th_pinocchio.gif
48a4f2c2.gif

I guess Fisker wins on both counts.

The Seattle NPID event went very well. Chad did an excellent job of finding a site, recruiting owners, and organizing everything. Well done, Chad!

In addition to a large collection of EVs on static display at Mercer Island's scenic Luther Burbank Park on the shore of Lake Washington, we had at least two Roadster owners and several LEAF owners giving demo rides.

Here's a Photosynth Panorama of the event early on, before we overflowed EVs onto the inner circle of grass:

National Plug In Day - Seattle

Or a flat rendering of the same 360-degree view:
npid-panorama-flat.jpg

I did an incomplete survey and found the following:

42 Nissan LEAFs
12 Tesla Roadsters
7 Conversion EVs
2 Toyota RAV4-EVs
2 Chevy S-10s
2 Ford Rangers
2 Chevy Volts
2 Sparrows
1 Vectrix Scooter
1 Wheego LiFe
1 Mitsubishi I
3 Conversion Prius HPEVs
-----
78+ Vehicles totaling more than 610,000 all-electric miles!

I'm sure I missed some EVs in the parking lot, and wasn't able to get electric mile stats on 25 vehicles (mostly LEAFs, with one Roadster, one long-time daily commuter Sparrow, and one conversion, so easily an additional 100,000 electric miles).

Miss Electric's coverage: http://www.misselectric.com/?p=2559

She is the first to reallycomment on the quiet.

As you know when you give a ride in your EV to some percentage of passengers are amazed and comment as you take off "It's so quiet!". After two years in my EV and plenty of group drives, even I was struck when we all started out in unison. Tall buildings on either side of us, three rows wide, and 50 cars deep and we were a moving mass without a sound. It was really odd, weird, errie and of course good and cool. I was yammering on about how amazing it was it with my wife who just did not get it. About 20 minutes in then it hit her.​
EV Parade 2011.jpg
Motorcycles buzzing around us and EVs as far as the eye could see in either direction all while having normal conversations with spectators on the side of the road. The chains on the bikes and Fisker's klagoning was all that could be heard.

It all made for a weirdly un-noisyspectacular parade but it's wonderful to think that's how it could be on LA freeways.

Have not heard about the DB testing they did three days before to compare with the library-drive festivities.