Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nav system uses miles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my car set to metric - the speedometer is in km/h and the range is shown I km. But the Nav system announces turns in units of miles. Where do I change this?

er.. I think my navi definitely say km... if not, I would have noticed. I think you are really due for a reboot. Do both screen reboot.

SCREEN REBOOT (Main Display): Hold down the middle steering wheel buttons on both sides for a few seconds to reboot the main display.
SCREEN REBOOT (Driver’s Display):Hold down the top steering wheel buttons on both sides for a few seconds to reboot the driver’s console display.
Read more at Tesla Model S Hidden Features, Tips, Tricks Tidbits - TESLARATI.com

Weird... I've never had that happen!

First try switching it to miles, then back to km again.

If that doesn't work, then reboot the touchscreen (hold down both roller buttons).

If that still doesn't fix it, then you'll have to get Tesla service to sort it. They can probably do something remotely.

I think I figured out why this is - Google thinks I am in the US. I went to Google News on the browser and it was showing local news from Houston, TX. Does the 3G network use a VPN to go back to Tesla and then hit the internet from their proxy servers or something like that? How would I change to Canada? Log into Google with my Google ID? Or is there another way to do that without letting Google link my car to my Google ID?

@mods - if there any mods reading this thread can you please change Navy to Nav in the thread title. I was foiled by my iPad's Autocorrect.