TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Nav system uses miles?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by wayner, Jan 7, 2015.

1. wayner

wayner Active Member

I have my car set to metric - the speedometer is in km/h and the range is shown I km. But the Nav system announces turns in units of miles. Where do I change this?

2. sataponw

sataponw Member

er.. I think my navi definitely say km... if not, I would have noticed. I think you are really due for a reboot. Do both screen reboot.

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Weird... I've never had that happen!

First try switching it to miles, then back to km again.

If that doesn't work, then reboot the touchscreen (hold down both roller buttons).

If that still doesn't fix it, then you'll have to get Tesla service to sort it. They can probably do something remotely.

4. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

The only time I have seen this is on the Waze app on the Parrott Asteroid after- market head unit that I had installed in my Roadster...units displayed set to kms, but NAV distances calculated in miles...

5. wayner

wayner Active Member

I think I figured out why this is - Google thinks I am in the US. I went to Google News on the browser and it was showing local news from Houston, TX. Does the 3G network use a VPN to go back to Tesla and then hit the internet from their proxy servers or something like that? How would I change to Canada? Log into Google with my Google ID? Or is there another way to do that without letting Google link my car to my Google ID?

@mods - if there any mods reading this thread can you please change Navy to Nav in the thread title. I was foiled by my iPad's Autocorrect.

6. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Actually the Navy uses knots, not miles.

Just fixed it.