Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation and Notification Volume

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not sure if I'm missing a setting or something but when the car is on navigate and the radio is playing the volume of the radio doesn't dip when the navigation is directing, this is the same for message notifications.

Previous cars the radio volume would go quite whilst announcements either messages being read or navigation.

just wondered if this was a setting issue or just how it works (poor if it does)

sorry to hijack your thread but what drives me crazy is that there does not seem to be a separate remembered volume for different input channels. i listen to a lot of podcasts on my phone which needs the volume turned up very high for some reason. if you switch to radio without adjusting it OMG. I nearly crashed the car the first time. If anyone has a solution for that i am all ears ( half deaf now but all ears) and no there is nothing I can do on the phone to increase the source volume. Galaxy S10 for the record

• Funny
Reactions: JohnA16
not sure if I'm missing a setting or something but when the car is on navigate and the radio is playing the volume of the radio doesn't dip when the navigation is directing, this is the same for message notifications.

Previous cars the radio volume would go quite whilst announcements either messages being read or navigation.

just wondered if this was a setting issue or just how it works (poor if it does)
Just how it works. When the navigation is giving instructions you can turn the volume up with the volume knob on the steering wheel but I'm not sure if you can just do it in a menu somewhere.

Just how it works. When the navigation is giving instructions you can turn the volume up with the volume knob on the steering wheel but I'm not sure if you can just do it in a menu somewhere.
thanks, lets hope they sort it as it's pretty poor in this day and age. reminds me of using my TomTom had to turn the radio down to listen lol

In my M3, the navigation volume is set by adjusting volume whilst a nav instruction is being given. This volume is remembered. If media is playing when a nav announcement is being made the media volume is reduced. I think, but am not certain, that nav announcements are only made on right side speakers and reduced volume media only on left. This helps listen to both better than if they were mixed. Media volume seems to always revert to a standard volume each time the car is restarted. Haven’t found a way of changing this - it’s a bit loud.

Page 133 of the owners manual lower left says that media will be muted when navigation directions are being given. This does not happen. I chatted with service and they said to schedule a service appointment. Not sure that is going to do it since so many people report the same issue. I suspect it is a "feature" and not a bug and that they need to fix this but I will see what service says

Attachments

• Navigation Volume.JPG
    Navigation Volume.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 34