TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Navigation doesn't show the exit?

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by RyanDe, Jun 21, 2018.

1. RyanDe

RyanDe Member

This seems very strange, every gps on the planet shows what exit you should get off except Tesla. Am I missing something?

• Like x 2
  2. SlicedBr3ad

SlicedBr3ad Member

i've noticed the same and its quite annoying. however, this is not something that's high on my priority list for tesla :)

3. RyanDe

RyanDe Member

They must have the data, it's basically a UI issue. Just add a single line under the next turn section.

4. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

I don't understand, the navigation always tells me what exit number to get off. For example, "In one mile, take exit 16 on the right for Jones Road."

5. RyanDe

RyanDe Member

Not visually.

6. SlicedBr3ad

SlicedBr3ad Member

are you talking about UI or navigation voice? i have voice muted.

7. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

I’m talking about voice. I think it’s much more pleasant to follow the voice directions than to keep glancing at the turn by turn list.

8. SigNC

SigNC Member

It should tell you visually.

• Like x 1
  9. gambit48

gambit48 Member

If I'm looking for an exit I'm not familiar with, it's much safer to listen to instructions than having to stare at a screen and take my eyes off the road. At least with the current state of autopilot.

10. Lobstahz

Lobstahz Member

I was shocked today when I missed my exit due to the nav not actually listing it visually. Agreed on this being an annoying oversight. It's also annoying how the next turn is way over on the right, on the farthest part of the screen which is the toughest and hardest to see. Who designed this UI?

If only we actually had an instrument cluster where this information could be displayed. What a crazy request ... :rolleyes:

11. SVMike

SVMike Member

The same person who put the clock time in a small font on the far right side with a background that varies based on the nav display.
    The car is great. The features are great. The touch screen is highly configurable and versatile, in theory, but with a dozen or so minor mistakes like this.

12. smartypnz

smartypnz Supporting Member

Clock time on the display ?? What clock time??

13. SlicedBr3ad

SlicedBr3ad Member

It used to be there. They're just getting ready to show those around view cameras

• Funny x 1