Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First look at Tesla’s new maps and navigation engine

New navigation UI removes the lane assistance graphic in the dashboard with another road map.

I value this feature especially in areas where I am unfamiliar with the road. A quick glance at the dashboard graphic and I know what lane to be in.

This is a common feature in all major automobile company and stand alone Nav devices.

Losing this feature in the most technological advanced car on the market is a step backwards.

If you value this feature contact Tesla and let them know you want the feature.

There were quite a few complaints last year about the user interface changes - and how the software became even less usable.

They did add the first letter scroll bars back - and promised more fixes around the end of last year in the 8.1 release - which didn't happen when 8.1 was finally released a few months ago. We still have XM usability problems because they removed the station slider and broke the channel information & station list.

While I agree owners should register their concerns/complaints about the potential changes to the navigation software, based on our experience with 8.0 - that feedback may not have much impact, at least in the near term.

Other parts of the display are improved and those are more important to me. The turn display is presented in a different way, not completely gone. I don't like having the map disappear so I can get a big display of the turn, just something to let me know what lanes to be in is fine. They have that.

Gotta say I like my current version of maps/nav app on the IC better than what I'm seeing with the new version.

Seems more and more these days iPhone apps are better than what Tesla delivers on the center screen.
And how many people have given up on Tesla's audio player already for streaming and stored music and just their phone w/bluetooth?
Put a phone mount on the dash and just begin using it for things like nav too.
Can also get a TomTom for $200 and be done with it... wait on Tesla never for new maps.. and a much better turn by turn nav experience.