Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation Location stuck at home issue on V11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has now happened twice since I've been on V11. My location on the nav is stuck at my home and does not update when I drive. So Autopilot is not available because the car thinks I'm just sitting in my driveway. Multiple 2 Button resets don't resolve it but after 45 minutes of driving or so it corrects itself and shows the correct location along with Autopilot becoming available again. Anyone else have this issue? Never happened before prior to V11. Anyone else have this issue?

My 2022 MY nav has repeatedly forgotten stuck at various locations, failing to update for as long as 24 hours. It makes plotting routes and chargers impossible. It also seems to disable the rear and side cameras, making backing up an adventure. Resets don’t help.

This has been going on, as often as once a week, for four months, through several software updates. Tesla took the car for three days in May, said they had fixed a software problem…and the failure continued to happen.

I haven’t seen this exact problem described here. Anyone else having it? It seems like a software glitch, but it’s unlikely that this would only affect one car.

Taking it back in for service tomorrow…

Tesla is replacing the computer in my MY.

Service rep says that while not common, they see this problem occasionally. Because it disables both navigation and the backup cameras, it’s considered to be a significant problem.

We’ll see if replacing the computer fixes it.