Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation roundabout bug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed a bug in navigation.
Was heading to a location which required going through a roundabout.
Nav must have thought we were in the UK / commonwealth / left hand drive.

I was to to turn left out of the roundabout (which was really a +). Which would be the 2nd exit.

"She" insisted I took the first. Which would be correct in LHD countries.

So I reported the bug and then found out just how BUGGY thee bug reporting system is.

No go!

Just noticed a bug in navigation.
Was heading to a location which required going through a roundabout.
Nav must have thought we were in the UK / commonwealth / left hand drive.

I was to to turn left out of the roundabout (which was really a +). Which would be the 2nd exit.

"She" insisted I took the first. Which would be correct in LHD countries.

So I reported the bug and then found out just how BUGGY thee bug reporting system is.

No go!
The new nav system is lousy in many respects but, it seems, especially as regards roundabouts. Many people here have complained that it often gives the wrong exit number - and, unlike the old nav, it does not tell you the name of the road onto which you are supposed to exit. Apart from that, it uses American terminology - the use of feet rather than yards is especially poor for the UK. You can report bugs to [email protected].

Ok, I made a mistake and new observation. The intersection / junction is not a +, it's left or straight only.

So turn turn left she says use 1st exit. (Should still be 2)

Yesterday, I navigated the same one but I had to go straight.

She still said 1st exit. And it should be 1st. So maybe she cannot count that high?