Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roundabouts indicator challenge in Western Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You truly think they didn’t discuss this? Like your comment is the first to ever think of the net cost of the removal.

Oh I’m sure Tesla did a lot of analysis on it, but note I added the word “complication” in terms of what the user now has to do. Tesla is saving money (and probably not a lot) at the expense of a poorer user experience. There have been a number of complaints about it already on TMC.

I‘m old fashioned in believing that “innovation” should result in improvement… not just cost saving. Is the car easier, safer, or less mistake-prone to drive with this change or not? It is very, very hard to argue any of those things are true.

I understand from what I read about the stalkless implementation in Model S, that the car will try and predict which direction you intend to go. So if you get in the car and there is a wall directly in front of the car, it will select reverse when you put your foot on the brake and the car “starts”.
Is this not implemented in the Highland Model 3?

I understand from what I read about the stalkless implementation in Model S, that the car will try and predict which direction you intend to go. So if you get in the car and there is a wall directly in front of the car, it will select reverse when you put your foot on the brake and the car “starts”.
Is this not implemented in the Highland Model 3?
Yeah, the new M3 does the same.

Could potentially do with some better indication as I have seen some people not follow through with the swipe on the screen and not activate D or R as they intended. Would be better if it assumed a partial swipe was intended rather than the opposite.