TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Navigation speed limits wrong more enough than I'd like to see...

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Falkirk, Jun 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Falkirk

Falkirk Member

I've been trying Autopilot more this week but finding the speeds the system think the roads are set to be wrong with what's actually posted. I've seen 3 scenario's; no idea what the speed limit is, limit too high (most common) and yesterday found a street where it was too low so autopilot would only go 10 over but that was still 10 under ha. Good thing we can floor it while still on autopilot!

Can we help improve this? I tried doing a bug report about it but is that the correct way to report this?

I'm in Markham btw and even a big street like Woodbine is wrong as it's now 60 near my place but still shows up as 70 in the system.

Thanks

Edit - Of course I post the thread then see my title is wrong and find out you can't edit that part! Mods will help I'm sure :)

2. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

This doesn’t answer your question but I happen to be in Edmonton for a few days, and am renting a new Volvo S60 (4,000 km on the odo). On every drive anywhere, the auto-speed limit sensor is wrong either up or down, between 1-3 times. Not an excuse for Tesla of course.

[EDIT: added # times per drive]

3. oakvillemike

oakvillemike Member

X3 loaner I have (I miss my M3) shows a street posted by my house as 40 km/h when it's actually 80 km/h. I never looked at the limit with the M3 but this is definitely making me want to (once I get it back!).

4. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

AP2 still doesn't read the road speed limit signs. It takes it from the map data which is out of date in a lot of places.

5. Falkirk

Falkirk Member

I understand, just would love to know a quick way to help improve it or maybe just driving more is the answer! At some point, the system will have that ability and this should be improved quite a bit for everyone using it.

I know AP1 did see the signs, do we know if it uses that to self-correct as well?

6. realtycoon

realtycoon Member

Blame York Region for reducing all the speed limits. Apparently they need some money, so why not get more traffic ticket revenue.

A lot of the 80 limit roads have dropped over the past few years.

• Like x 2