Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation tells to turn in wrong direction…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So when navigating, and I actually need to take a right. The voice prompt will say something like “ prepare to turn left “ Then the next prompt correctly says “turn right now” Anyone else? Is it because I change the map orientation?

Sometimes the voice prompt says the wrong thing but the map shows the correct path. One example is a particular roundabout I've driven through many times, where the voice prompt says take the second exit, but it's actually the third. I think I've heard it say left instead of right or vice versa on a few occasions, but those were one-time events so I wasn't sure I heard correctly.

I expect such a bug would be caused by the map data or the routing software, not the map display orientation.

Can you go back there to see if the bug repeats? It's easier to test on desktop maps but other TMC posts say it's not Google Maps that implement the Tesla navigation; some smaller service that might not have desktop maps to test on.

I thought I was crazy too. It’s been going on since I got the car almost 2 years ago.The map displays things correctly. It shows that a right turn is needed. It just tells me to prepare for a right. I usually have the audible alerts off so it doesn’t really matter. It’s just annoying, and doesn’t really inspire confidence.