Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation won't work. Says "Service required"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After the previous firmware updates, my nav quit working. I have hard reset the whole system but still can't get the nav to locate where the car is or navigate anywhere. The error message I get is "Service required" and nothing else. I am on AP 1.0. Firmware is all updated.

I searched the forum and couldn't find a similar thread.

I have requested a service call, but as the car is now out of warranty, I wonder whether someone else here has had a similar problem and was able to rectify without service?

Thanks for any advice

After the previous firmware updates, my nav quit working. I have hard reset the whole system but still can't get the nav to locate where the car is or navigate anywhere. The error message I get is "Service required" and nothing else. I am on AP 1.0. Firmware is all updated.

I searched the forum and couldn't find a similar thread.

I have requested a service call, but as the car is now out of warranty, I wonder whether someone else here has had a similar problem and was able to rectify without service?

Thanks for any advice
I got the same message after my mcu was replaced but it came back after my car went to sleep (I did a regular scroll wheel reboot). I wasn’t aware Before but a “full reboot” requires you to power off the car (in the service menu) and then sit still in the car for 2+ minutes, then hit the brake so the car powers up. If you move around the seat sensor could wake up the car or if you open the door the car turns back on too. If you haven’t tried the power down reboot give that a shot.

• Helpful
Reactions: JenniferQ