Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NC bill and our reaction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I say at this point let NC pass the law. Then all you need is one resident who is prevented from purchasing a vehicle to sue the state. NC will lose in Federal Court very quickly due to the ICC. Once that precedent is set Tesla will have some case law on their side.

Any volunteers on the forum to be the test case?

Another option would be to get ABC/CNN/CBS or other news media involved....I would really like to know what the national republican party thinks about this, and if the NC party may get a call and complaints from the other state republican parties that say "WTF are you guys doing, you are making us, as a whole look anti-business, knock it off"

Another option would be to get ABC/CNN/CBS or other news media involved....I would really like to know what the national republican party thinks about this, and if the NC party may get a call and complaints from the other state republican parties that say "WTF are you guys doing, you are making us, as a whole look anti-business, knock it off"

I believe the focus should be on getting the law deemed unconstitutional versus trying to gain political points. Our mess in Washington is because of everyone playing 'gotcha politics'. If you can get the law declared unconstitutional on a federal level then Tesla can use this in all the states where NADA and their allies are giving them trouble.

Yeah, the priblem with that is as per the NC law Tesla is not even allowed to email ir call their customers in NC. Kind of hard yo arrange a business deal with no communication.
This law will get tossed out as unconstitutional by the first federal court that gets it. You can't prohibit a North Carolina resident from buying a car from a California company.