Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Near-Term Model X 90D Delivery for Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been in line for my Model X 90D since January 2013 and committed to the purchase in January 2016. My vehicle is expected to be delivered by year end, according to multiple email notifications from Tesla which I can show. (I am getting a five-seater, and the company has offered twice to move me up to October if I upgrade to a six- or seven-seater.)

I'm now looking at a pretty major change in my commute, and am now wrestling (OK, agonizing) with the notion that this may no longer be the right vehicle for me now. As a result, and as much as it pains me, I am considering whether to pre-arrange a sale of the vehicle upon delivery. Color is deep blue metallic. Delivery location will be in the New York City area.

If you're legitimately interested, let me know and we can connect offline and I'll share more about the specs.

Don't do it.

By taking delivery as the first owner, then you'll have to claim the tax credit (which is fraudulent if you're doing it with intent for resale).

You're probably better off either cancelling, or just taking the car. It is amazing, and to this day I still love my Sig X which I took delivery of in March.

Hope others can chime in with some better advice but that's my $0.02