Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking at purchasing a Model X 90D. The owner says there is an issue with the VIN. The 10 digit specifies the vehicle is a 2016, but the owners assures me it is a 2019 and had to go through a lot of BS when registering the vehicle. I don't want to have similar issues. Any feedback would be appreciated.

• Disagree
Reactions: TOBASH
Tesla did not make the 90D in 2019. I am not sure exactly when they stopped making it, but it was no longer a variant at the end of 2017 when I bought my 100D.

There are also many, many differences between a 2016 and a 2019. Are the backs of the seats shiny?

I am looking at purchasing a Model X 90D. The owner says there is an issue with the VIN. The 10 digit specifies the vehicle is a 2016, but the owners assures me it is a 2019 and had to go through a lot of BS when registering the vehicle. I don't want to have similar issues. Any feedback would be appreciated.
The VIN is the final answer. Model year is part of the number, it is a 2016. They only made the 90D for a short time, and that was not 2019. I had a 2018, that was called a 100D. Then the numeric "models" went away in 2019.