Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need an Energy Display for my Home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SOULPEDL

Cyber-Bandit is Ready!
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2016
Arizona
Referral Code
I'm tired of checking my phone for Energy status on our new Tesla Solar/PWs. I would love this data/control live, on the wall or desktop (think Weather Station + Nest + Energy for the ultimate integration). Bonus - make it look like a classic Star Trek display, please. Thanks ;)

Anyone working on it, or have something? I'll Beta test if needed. Otherwise I'll need about 4 phones glued to the wall for now, but that's tacky (ha).

2-26-2020 11-32-54 AM.png

Reactions: ICUDoc and bkp_duke
I programmed this, its sitting on my wall on an ipad, need to run a bunch of servers and stuff.
Ya gotta love that, but I don't have servers at home. I'm guessing an app like this would need to be married to the data (security reasons?), so Tesla would need to partner with someone. Similar to what was done by TeslaFi I'm thinking. (That was more like a question really.)

Meanwhile, my wife loaded the Tesla App on her Samsung Tablet, and still trying to figure out how to Tile on screen for more data (if possible) and just run 4 versions of the app at once.

This need will be obvious to anyone migrating to the new Energy paradigm. Especially Tesla multi-product use... and further integration will be needed.

Put the app on an old tablet and prop it up somewhere...

Since I don't have servers laying around, this is a good short-term solution for sure. Just having batteries status (my Dilithium Crystals) on the wall and preferably on my smartwatch would be awesome!

And the reasons might not be so obvious to non-users. I literally change power usage patterns because of this simple data. For example, today is sunny in Az (not always this year), I know I will easily fill 2 PWs today and I'm starting at 41% this AM. So I'd like to use "solar" mostly when the sun is ON so I don't cycle the battery (direct from inverter to clothes dryer, BEV, pool pump, etc...).

My guess is it will be over-engineered with too many options that people won't understand. I just want a single app "wrapper" to run 4 of the same app really, each showing different screens for Tesla products. Weather and Nest integration is future - as I can keep track of weather in my head generally speaking.

Is this possible w/o servers?