Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need easy cheap bolt on 18in wheel for m3p with red brembos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish Apex would come out with actual M3P specific wheel fitments. I like a lot of their styles and their forged wheel prices are on target for being a US company using cheaper-foreign-labor manufacturing. (Which I have no problem with btw, as long as the price is appropriate.) Apex was on my short list, but ultimately I didn't see a reason to mess with Mustang fitments, when there are comparable forged wheel brands (not saying better, just comparable IMO) that offer actual M3P fitments at about the same price point. Namely, Titan7 and Martian.

I'm not saying I wouldn't ever use a Mustang fitment with rings / spacers. I'm just saying that at any given price/quality/pedigree intersection, if there are direct fitments available, those will be my preference.
Agree completely. Really wish Apex would see the light on Teslas. Big market they’re missing out on.

Here’s some pics with and without a 3mm spacer on my P3. The wheel spins without the spacer but I think it’s too close. Tires are 275/40/18 Nexen SUR4G which run pretty wide. Apex wheels are awesome because you can run the oem lug nuts and they’re track proven. I just love how the EC-7’s look.
482E9B35-07FA-47F6-B246-40AD1E36C0B0.jpeg

9B5CC5EE-D6E9-4225-BEA4-C85C890820A2.jpeg

This is how it looked on stock suspension and MPP rotors on the front which are 5mm thicker.
F9188759-E687-4D3A-A663-BE97FFDF8AFB.jpeg

Reactions: shimmy
Here’s some pics with and without a 3mm spacer on my P3. The wheel spins without the spacer but I think it’s too close. Tires are 275/40/18 Nexen SUR4G which run pretty wide. Apex wheels are awesome because you can run the oem lug nuts and they’re track proven. I just love how the EC-7’s look.
View attachment 907736
View attachment 907737
This is how it looked on stock suspension and MPP rotors on the front which are 5mm thicker.
View attachment 907738

Was it just the tire that was super close to the knuckle? Or the inner wheel lip too? looks great btw!

Reactions: DOOLMTR
How is your clearance on the outside where the fender is under full compression running those 275s?
I’ve never heard any rubbing on this car at the track bouncing over curbs or on the street. The only odd sounds are my carbon side skirts scraping on BIG compressions since they hang down about 1/4” lower than stock right in front of the back wheels.

This is with completely stock with thin spacers on the front and it never rubbed.
C41B1A6C-75BE-466B-806D-D4E7E71BC0EE.jpeg

Thanks for everyone's help, I ended up going with Apex ec7 18x9.5 et35s square. No spacers, no centering rings. I have no rubbing or vibrations or issues of any kind. No clearance issues, nothing. I ended up running 235/40r18 tires due to a great deal I found. And I love them. I know the tires are stretched, and the diameter is a little too small. But the price was right and the tires are amazing.

Again thanks everyone!

L8d

I am approaching around 200k total miles on lug-centric wheels, both in performance road vehicles and off-road vehicles, with dozens of total removals and reinstallations.

Never once has installation technique—or lack thereof—affected wheel alignment or balancing.

The clamping force from the bolts is well over 10,000 lbs holding the wheel to the hub, and the conical shape of the lug nuts very aggressively centers the wheel upon tightening.

I have, on the other hand, had centering rings seize on the hubs and wheel, and had plastic rings get boogered up on install, and had tire shops lose a ring. I’d never bother with or recommend them again.