Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need for Tesla Advertising / PR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
here's a link to the main thread about Tesla now doing YouTube ads, but I'm copying here for those following this one

Reactions: Buckminster
The ASA ruled that the adverts “condoned the use of vehicles in a manner that disregarded their impact on nature and the environment … they had not been prepared with a sense of responsibility to society”.
A Toyota spokesperson said: “Toyota does not condone behaviour that is harmful to the environment. In fact, over the course of the past three decades, not only has Toyota been one of the leaders in the automotive field in terms of carbon emissions reduction across its vehicle offering, it has shared hundreds of royalty-free licences, allowing others to use its electrification technology.

Edit: clarity.

Yesterday I read an article about the Blazer EV and rising inventory. I went to Google to see if there was any local inventory (Canada) and I saw this...

1000007637.png

They have clearly started to advertise on Google. I don't know if I've ever seen this before when searching EVs

Another story supporting the need for ads:
I know the Cybertruck design can be polarizing . . . BUT

I was at the Manhattan showroom when a man entered and went right up to the Cybertruck and said, "What is this; I love it"?
He had no intention to visit the showroom that day but saw the CT from the window and it caught his attention.
After speaking with him, I realized he knew nothing about the CT, nothing about Tesla, nothing about EVs; but within 15 min, he placed an deposit on the Cybertruck. There was only a Model 3 on display w/ the CT but in the back employee-only section there was a Model X in view. I think it may have been a test drive vehicle. This gentleman asked to see the X and the associate took him to it. My point is that Cybertruck is bringing attention and new potential customers to the brand.

By the way, this being NYC, this was not the only unusual interaction that day. At one of the showroom computer stations, there was a man with a duck on his lap placing an order for a Tesla. Maybe it was this duck that was seen at the NYC marathon one year.
View attachment 997540